Manchester Digital is looking for a Membership Manager (fixed term contract for 12 months to cover maternity leave) to deliver membership growth and to ensure that members are making full use of their membership.
The Membership Manager will have an overview of all organisational activity to ensure that members are utilising all products and services. They will need to have a detailed understanding of the opportunities and initiatives that are available in order to assist with membership growth and retention.
The Membership Manager works closely with the Marketing Manager; with regular meetings, shared objectives and a deep understanding of each other’s roles. The role reports directly to the managing director.
You will need to be a strategic thinker, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a good understanding of the digital and tech industry. You’ll be confident, a self-starter and driven to achieve results.
Key objectives of the role:
- Identify growth opportunities, deliver membership growth and enhance member satisfaction
- Ensure all members are using and getting value from their membership
- Sole responsibility for member retention
- Execute the existing membership development and engagement strategy
- Understand and raise awareness of Manchester Digital amongst prospective members, stakeholders and partners
- Continuous development and improvement of the membership products and services
- Analyse current membership and trends and develop strategies and initiatives to increase the membership potential
- Planning and executing events that serve members and stakeholders; providing relevant and topical information and learning and development opportunities.
- Identify and help to develop new partnerships and commercial opportunities
The role will involve:
- Relationship building and management with members, prospective members, sponsors and stakeholders
- Upselling of Manchester Digital’s products and services
- Establishing strong, long-term member relationships
- Proactively seeking opportunities to develop and grow the business with existing and new members
- Accurately managing financials across both membership and events
- Reporting on KPIs
- Managing the member renewal process
- Copywriting membership engagement content
- First point of contact for membership enquiries
- Website updates
- Member meetings / calls / campus visits
- Working with the marketing manager to write new and update existing member collateral
- Developing ideas for new member products/services
- Reviewing and updating member processes regularly
- Managing a portfolio of events; planning, writing content, approaching speakers and identifying sponsors
- Managing membership finances (invoicing and budgets)
Requirements of the role:
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in an account management / business development or relationship management role
- Great organisation skills and the ability to juggle numerous priorities
- Proven commercial track record
- Excellent understanding of budgets and financial reporting
- Good business acumen
- A competent communicator and team player
- Owns and manages own time and workload
Who we are
We are the largest not-for-profit, digital and technology trade association in the North and we work hard to solve the issues impacting the industry’s development.
Our purpose is to advance the industry for the benefit of the digital and technology community, we are proudly independent, and mainly supported by income generated by membership subscriptions. The Manchester Digital team is directly accountable to the membership, delivering projects and initiatives that respond to their needs, our work makes a positive impact on issues such as talent and skills, diversity and digital infrastructure.
SEND A CV AND COVERING LETTER TO RACHEL@MANCHESTERDIGITAL.COM