What would you be doing?
This will be a varied role and would suit a passionate IT specialist who likes being in a people-facing capacity.
• Your role will involve meeting with our business customers to understand their challenges and provide IT technical solutions to resolve these challenges, in line with the IT strategy
• You will work with business analysts or on your own as the technical lead on business improvement projects.
• Provide programming for in-house IT projects i.e. VB, C# and .net and support and develop XML and XMLT.
• You will coordinate application development for multiple projects.
• Create a robust installation having defined, designed, documented, and successfully executed tests that prove business result will be delivered.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide support and troubleshooting of all business applications.
What do we need?
We are looking for a blend of skills and experience, and mostly for someone who can adapt and enjoys variety.
• To be successful, you will have demonstrable experience in a relevant IT position in the manufacturing / distribution sector.
• Strong technical, programming and development skills are essential to this position. VB, .net, XMLT, TSQL most desirable.
• You will have a detailed knowledge of ERP (preferably Syspro) systems.
• You will be flexible, with the ability to work on different solutions at any one time, and approach problem solving methodically.
• Any IT, Project or Change management related qualification would be advantageous. Project management training will be given to the right candidate as required.
• Experience of implementing and working on System Integration projects from core ERP system to a variety of third-party projects which may include websites, CRM, Warehouse Management, Quality Management and Service Lifecycle.
• You will have a willingness to challenge accepted practices, map out ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes, and provide Business Analysis reporting.
What is in it for you?
• You’ll have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from an experienced and established team.
• It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with significant daily challenges for you to overcome. As part of this, you’ll get to contribute to continuous improvement activities across both systems and processes.
• Alongside utilising and developing your IT technical skills, you will also gain exposure to all parts of the business, in turn developing your commercial awareness and future career prospects.
• Career development is not necessarily linear - you’ll have plenty of opportunities available to you, including overseas secondments.
• On top of a competitive base salary, pension, and life assurance cover, you will also receive a generous annual leave entitlement that increases with tenure. We also operate a half day on Fridays, giving you that much needed work-life-balance.
Postholder can be based pretty much anywhere in the UK, as long as it is within 1 hour drive of one of their key sites. So York, Middlesborough, Greater Manchester and the North West, and Glasgow or Edinburgh would be ideal.