Entertainment Magpie (musicMagpie (UK) & Decluttr (US)) is an international tech business at the forefront of the global recommerce revolution, allowing customers to make the choice to both buy & sell from a service that is ‘Smart for You and Smart for the Planet’.
The company is the number 1 phone recycler in the UK and growing in the US every day! Winning the What Mobile Awards 4 years in a row, as well as Tech Radar’s Mobile Choice Awards for the last 2 years. In addition to this, the company also surpassed 150,000 reviews on Trustpilot. The first company in the world to surpass ten million eBay feedback (8M UK, 2M US) as well as being the biggest third-party seller in the world on Amazon, exporting to buyers in 140 countries around the world. Alongside this, we also specialise in media, books and games consoles!
We are looking for a BI Developer to join our skilled UK team at musicMagpie on a full-time basis. As a BI Developer in Entertainment Magpie IT you will be part of an agile data management team. The core of this role will be the creation of innovative reports and dashboards for use within the business working closely with both engineers in the data team and reporting leads distributed across the business.
You will be a key person in the development of a self-service BI system. With your strong communication skills, you'll be able to work with a variety of technical and non-technical colleagues.
· Develop data visualisation products in Power BI.
· Develop, document, consume and support maintainable, reusable BI components with a multi-market platform vision in mind.
· Meet demand and hit development deadlines.
· Communicate development decisions beyond your local team by sharing with our data and product communities to ensure alignment and prevent repetition across developments.
· Contribute to, and improve, our reporting framework.
· Anticipate issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately.
· Engage in our peer review processes.
· Grow your skillset and share your knowledge with other developers to support our High-Tech High-Touch business strategy
Key Skills Required
· High-level of skill and experience with Power BI.
· Strong analytical and numerical skills - able to summarise data issues quickly and accurately.
· Excellent communication skills - stakeholder management.
· Strong SQL development experience.
· Good understanding of data warehousing, ETL development.
· Advanced Excel skills (VBA a plus).
· Experience of data analysis tools e.g. SSAS a plus.
· Mentoring colleagues in areas of expertise.
· Understanding of best practice in deployment of Power BI across a business.