IT Support Assistant
Hazel Grove (some travel to Macclesfield and Stockport)
Entertainment Magpie (musicMagpie (UK) & Decluttr (US)) is an international tech business at the forefront of the global recommerce revolution, allowing customers to make the choice to both buy & sell from a service that is ‘Smart for You and Smart for the Planet’.
The company is the number 1 phone recycler in the UK and growing in the US every day! Winning the What Mobile Awards 4 years in a row, as well as Tech Radar’s Mobile Choice Awards for the last 2 years. In addition to this, the company also surpassed 150,000 reviews on Trustpilot. The first company in the world to surpass ten million eBay feedback (8M UK, 2M US) as well as being the biggest third-party seller in the world on Amazon, exporting to buyers in 140 countries around the world. Alongside this, we also specialise in media, books and games consoles!
Due to our continued expansion we are looking to recruit:`
2 IT Support Assistants (1 for days and 1 for nights)
You will assist in the day to day running of the IT systems within the company and will cover our sites in Hazel Grove, Macclesfield and Stockport on a 24/7 shift basis.
Initially you will work Monday – Friday, 6.00am to 2.30pm or 1.30pm to 10.00pm on an alternating weekly basis.
When we move to a 24/7 operation, you will work a 4 on 4 off shift and the hours will be 6am – 6pm or 6pm to 6am.
Other duties will include:
· Daily operational checks on PC’s, Servers, Switches etc.
· Device environment checks
· Security & Data compliance checks & updates
· Liaising with 3rd party suppliers for support purposes
· Be a good communicator – telephone, written and face to face
· Have a keen interest in computers and technology
· Be looking to expand their career in IT
· Willing to learn new skills
· A good team player
· Flexible with their time
· Be able to work on their own initiative
· Have a full driving licence and own transport
If you have Level1 support experience, can prioritise your workload, be happy to work in a reactive and progressive business, then we’d really like to hear from you.