Lead Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman UK -
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £50,000 - £72,000
Role clearance type: You must be able to gain and maintain SC level of UK Government clearance
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
About Your Opportunity:
This role supports the ever increasing need to protect our national security through development of software applications in an Agile environment to collect data, analyse it and allow our customers to make information aware decisions. An exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and to tackle some of the biggest national security challenges. We have multiple positions for engineers that have relevant security clearances and those that are able to gain them.
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements and full time and part time roles. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Technical leader and focal point for the software development team – ensuring software is well designed and of high quality
- Perform hands-on development and actively contribute to the code base including peer review of code
- Support the Delivery Lead/Project Manager in developing project roadmaps, understanding delivery time scales, and communicating these to the customer
- Liaison with the Product Owner to manage the product road map and communicating the impact of changing customer requirements
- Identifying technical risks/opportunities and proactively developing plans to mitigate and realise them
- Cloud-based architectures: AWS or Azure
- DevOps Automated Deployment: Jenkins, Docker, OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Database Technologies: SQL, Elasticsearch or MongoDB
- Testing Technologies: Cypress, Selenium or Cucumber
A truly Agile development team that supports one another to deliver high quality software. Our teams consist of a mixture of experienced and early career professionals - we promote collaboration and learning from each other and we will support your career and training needs.
We believe that creating a team that values diversity and fosters inclusion is essential to great performance. We know the best ideas come from diversity of thought, background, perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Cyber & Intelligence Business:
Our UK Cyber & Intelligence business combines modern software development approaches with a rich heritage and experience in the defence and security sectors. Our customers have complex and sensitive data and information requirements requiring a mission partner who quickly understands the context, delivering and sustaining a portfolio of challenging technology projects at scale and pace, supporting them through an ambitious digital transformation programme.
Find out more: https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/job-search-united-kingdom/