The role of Consumer Contact Team (CCT) is to support the interests of citizens/consumers in accordance with the Communications Act 2003.
Purpose of the Role
The CCT’s primary purposes is to collate complaints information on Telecoms, Broadcasting and Postal issues and provide consumers with advice regarding potential resolution avenues available to them.
We aim to deliver best-in-class customer service with a consistent feel and professional approach, supported by business processes and an induction training framework that represent industry best practice.
- Act as a first point of contact for consumers via the phone
- Act as point of contact for Ofcom’s switchboard answering incoming calls, providing information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary – providing a best in class customer experience
- Quickly assess the relevance and nature of each contact and deal with it as appropriate
- Accurately recording of customer information and complaint case records that feeds into wider business reports
- Meet and exceed business KPI’s
- Provide excellent customer service to citizens and consumers for complaints and enquires relating to telecoms, broadcast and postal issues.
- Complete any other adhoc requests that are in line with your skill and capability.
Skills, Knowledge and experience
- Phone based customer service experience
- Effective conflict resolution skills and experience of handling consumer complaints and enquiries
- Attention to detail – experience of complaint categorisation and writing concise case notes
- Must be comfortable working towards challenging quality targets
- Ability to build and expand on sector knowledge
- Team Player - Strong interpersonal and communication skills within a small team
- Flexibility and ability to act on own initiative.
- An understanding of the Communications Sector.
- Experience of using Salesforce