Data Protection Business Development Manager
Phoenix Software -
Within today’s threat landscape, security, data protection, and governance are key focus areas within our customer's cyber security strategies, and we work with many of the globally renowned technology vendors and service providers in this space. The Data Protection Specialist role will support our customers and sales teams to understand and protect their data with cost-effective and efficient technology and services.
We’re looking for someone who’s super organised, flexible, can manage multiple projects at once, and work within time constraints. This person will be able to work independently, but also work well when connecting and collaborating with the wider team(s). You’ll have a good eye for detail, with strong initiative, and the ability to self-assess. We want you to take the role, make it your own, and become a valuable member of the wider data protection and security team. This is a hybrid role with working from home and working from the office required at times. We have two offices, one in Pocklington, York and one in Salford Quays, Manchester.
The main responsibilities are:
- To oversee all data protection sales opportunities
- To act as a subject matter expert, part of a wider team that supports sales teams and customers with data protection conversations
- To manage the data protection vendor relationships
- To create incremental revenue stream
- To ensure consistent growth of data protection offerings
- Ensure customers have a good experience working with Phoenix
- Work closely with sales managers and account managers to introduce our data protection offerings to customers
Ideally you will have:
- Good understanding of modern data protection solutions
- GCSEs / A Levels as a minimum
- Three or more years of selling experience, preferably within the public sector
- The confidence and ability to take timely and appropriate decisions to further business objectives
- The ability to establish goals for personal success and personal accomplishment and meet or exceed those goals
- The ability to visualise what should be done to achieve goals and create a successful future
- A collaborative approach to working
We provide all employees with the skills needed to do their job by offering training and personal development plans. We encourage applications from anyone who thinks they can bring what is required to the role. So, even if you don’t meet every point detailed in the criteria above, we encourage you to still apply – simply explain how your current skills and experience are relevant in your application.