Are you a Cloud Architect with experience working in secure UK Government?
Do you hold UK Government DV or SC clearance?
Do you have a good understanding of AWS cloud including experience from migration projects?
Are you the person who understands and “owns” the end-to-end solution during client engagements?
Do you enjoy inspiring and leading a successful cloud transformation team?
Do you enjoy developing and growing new business in a dynamic cloud environment?
Do you understand how to sell and position business value to senior stakeholders?
Would you like to further these skills and take your career to the next level?
Then you could be our next Consulting Manager - Secure Cloud Architect.
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, lead cloud architect who can...
(a.) act as one of our lead cloud consultants delivering across our secure UK government client base;
(b.) can lead and inspire more junior members of our consultancy team.
Our Aerospace, Defence and Security (ADS) consulting business is experiencing significant growth in the secure space. We are therefore looking to grow our team with architects who have big ambitions to succeed in the IT Industry and are keen to build and enhance their careers with one of the leading technology companies of our time.
You will be supported by ADS Consulting’s extensive network of industry and technical experts along with our innovative, collaborative working style, plus benefit from training and development opportunities across the UK.
- As a Cloud Architect, you will work with our most valuable Secure UK government clients to collaboratively develop innovative cloud transformations, acting as their trusted technical advisor to guide them as they develop the right strategy, roadmaps and delivery programmes to meet their business objectives. You will be supported by a world leading team of highly skilled technical consultants and experienced management team.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to help clients develop their cloud strategy and roadmap;
- Take the role of lead architect, when needed on consultancy engagements and ensure a successful delivery outcome;
- As a senior member of our team, act as a mentor and coach to develop, inspire and nurture more junior members of ADS Consulting with both technical and (soft) consultancy skills;
- Be one of our lead presales resources to grow and develop new secure cloud business.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrate previous experience from secure UK Government clients;
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the latest and emerging developments in IT and cloud technologies with a focus on AWS;
- Have delivery experience from cloud migration projects;
- Have a good understanding of cloud offerings from leading hyperscale cloud vendors, i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP or OCI;
- Be able to present a point of view in a compelling way and defend it when needed;
- Be able to articulate clearly and document cloud transformation strategies and roadmaps;
- Link business requirements to technology and cloud solutions;
- Capture and interpret business requirement;
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be comfortable interacting with stakeholders including C level when needed;
- Hold either UK Government DV or SC clearance.
It would be great if you had:
- Professional Cloud certifications from AWS and other leading cloud providers would be beneficial.
Role: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Anywhere GB - Hybrid Variable - Flexible base location but likely to be asked to work on client sites across the UK.
Clearance level: UK Government DV or SC
Salary: £70-100K plus benefits.
Benefits: 10% Bonus , £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support many ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions to Central Government clients. The work we do makes a real difference to the client’s goal of National Security, and we operate in a unique and privileged environment. We are given time for professional development activities, and we coach and mentor our colleagues, sharing knowledge and learning from each other. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported and have pride in their work for the customer, delivering outstanding rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and are striving to become a more diverse organisation. We welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We have partnered with Vercida, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site, where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application. We participate in the Disability Confident scheme and are committed to offering an interview to any candidate with a disability, who meets the minimum criteria for the role. If you believe this could apply to you, please let us know when completing your application.