Are you a content professional and interested in joining our growing Experience Design Team? As an Experience Design Consultant, you will be part of a team of user-centred consultants, who want the work we do to contribute to a positive future for all.
Our team sits within Sopra Steria's Government and Transport consulting practice. We work in a multi-disciplinary environment with public sector clients to deliver simple and accessible services. Our clients include The Scottish Government, NHS and Transport for London.
Not all our work is glamorous, but we believe in doing it right; navigating complexity, negotiating with stakeholders, and fighting for services that work for everyone.
We can offer great career progression opportunities, ability to be based anywhere across the UK, benefits which you can flex to meet your needs and training and development opportunities.
What you'll be doing:
- Working on client projects to develop, advise and deliver content and content strategies, connecting their services to their users in a meaningful way.
- Supporting, growing and developing our Content Design and Strategy capability, educating internal and external customers on the value it brings.
- Identifying, advocating and bidding for new client opportunities ensuring content has a voice and the team has the time and tools needed to deliver.
- Delivering on projects to ensure that the design artefacts created and delivered are user-centred and meet client outcomes.
- Supporting the development of the Experience Design Team’s promotional materials, including blogs.
What you’ll bring:
- You'll be adept in using content design principles and user-centred design approaches to design content that meets users needs, advocating for accessibility and inclusive design.
- Experienced and capable being strategic; understanding, defining, designing, evaluating and implementing content strategies with clients, providing guidance to others.
- The ability to build positive relationships with clients and stakeholders, introducing different perspectives and ways of working.
- You’ll use your curiosity to understand client outcomes and define approaches to meet them.
- You’ll be knowledgeable with working in alignment with GDS (Government Digital Service) standards and principles or Digital Scotland Service Standards and the Scottish Approach to Service Design.
- The confidence to hold scope and ensure we meet our clients’ outcomes, even if it means having difficult conversations.
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: You can be aligned to any one of our core offices with minimal travel
Security Clearance Level: SC Clearance
Internal Recruiter: Jen Whiteside
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the choice to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support many ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
We support the UK Government to tackle today’s biggest challenges. We combine technical expertise and delivery capability with vision to accelerate change and reinvent the way that Public Services are designed and delivered. We work with energy and integrity to build intelligent, highly secure, joined-up solutions that make a difference to everyday lives. We’ve been helping Government to make a difference for 50 years, creating common systems and approaches, enabling government to work across multiple agencies and radically transform how Public Services are delivered. Empowering Government to make a difference to everyone, every day.
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and are striving to become a more diverse organisation. We welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We have partnered with Vercida, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site, where all our vancacies are available in an accessible format.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application. We participate in the Disability Confident scheme and are committed to offering an interview to any candidate with a disability, who meets the minimum criteria for the role. If you believe this could apply to you, please let us know when completing your application.