£36,000 - £45,000 plus benefits (Grade E16)
Remote / Manchester city centre
This is a remote first role. There may be a need for you to come into the Manchester office once or twice a month to connect with the team. Those living close to Manchester will also have the option to work in the office if desired.
We’re looking for a UX designer to join our digital team at Co-op and help to create frictionless user experience journeys. You’ll be joining our Funeralcare product team, and over the next few years we’re transforming our offering in this part of our business to create modern, end-of-life services. We’ve got a big job on our hands, and you’ll be playing a key part in this. But when we get it right, it’ll have even bigger benefits for our customers and the communities we serve.
As a UX designer, you’ll be working with other designers and engineers in a multi-disciplinary team as well as contributing to the wider development of our growing design community. You’ll initially join working on our customer facing Funeralcare products, but there will be lots of opportunities to move around and keep things interesting. If you can bring us the UX design experience we need, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that’s using digital to make a real difference.
What you’ll do
• work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team to deliver production designs that meet user needs
• collaborate with others in the funeralcare product team to deliver work based on user research and insights
• use and contribute to the existing design system
• be an advocate for accessibility
• contribute to the community of practice meetings to share design knowledge across the wider digital team
• confidently communicate design decisions to other digital and business colleagues
This role would suit people who have
• previous experience in an interaction design or user experience role
• a portfolio demonstrating good design practices (you will be asked to provide a copy of this when applying)
• the ability to communicate design decisions through sketches and low fidelity prototypes
• experience using industry design tools such as Figma or Sketch
• a track record of working with user research to understand user needs, and making design decisions based on evidence
• experience working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
• good communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with colleagues at different levels across the business
• ecommerce knowledge and experience would also be advantageous for this role
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.