Media Production Engineer (xlr190123f)
The Candidate - Manchester
Media Production Engineer - Manchester Media City - £50,000 - Production Agency
With a primary focus on post production technology and workflow, the successful applicant will provide technical support throughout the end-to-end post production process, providing essential knowledge and skills to the smooth running of the post facility.
The role will also include facilitating and planning the expansion of the post department and keeping abreast of and using new technologies.
As the leader of this department, you will have the chance to build out the strategy and team under your own direction – so there’s the opportunity for accelerated career progression!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain the smooth running and functionality of the facility, including all studios and supporting suites
- Safeguarding and archiving projects on and off site
- specify/ define the equipment to be used in developing content (keeping abreast of and using new technologies where available)
- act as a technical expert on equipment issues, configuring post production equipment to ensure that it is operating effectively
- interpret the creative requirements and enable the application of technical tools and software to achieve the intended look of the finished material.
- balancing sound, colour, visual effects and transition between sections.
- Future proofing technology and processes to enhance the visual impact that a film or television sequence may have also attending trade exhibitions and workshops to keep abreast of new developments
- engage with colleagues and clients to resolve technical problems that may occur with hardware and software
- Implementing an IT budget for hardware and software
- set up a troubleshooting ticket system to log technical issues
- Establishing relationships with tech vendors
- Track inventory and status for hardware and software throughout the organisation
- Relevant experience in a post-production, studio or broadcast engineering environment required
- Knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite, Davinci Resolve and Pro Tools
- Extensive experience with network protocols, routing, and switching
- In depth knowledge of MacOS, Windows systems and Linux operating on both desktop, server, and remote environments
- Understanding of network file sharing protocols
- Highly motivated, driven, organised, and team-oriented with excellent communication skills
Apply now to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
For all jobs click here!