Here at The Candidate, our technology recruitment team are proud to partner with one of the most exciting digital brands in Manchester in their search for a .Net Developer. Our client, a bespoke personalisation service, have experienced continued growth over the last several years and have exciting plans to offer their services outside of the UK. Built around the concept of ’tech at the heart of all we do’ the business are setup using a bespoke development systems and niche applications which allow user’s the most personal experience in the market. Now the business is searching for a Senior Software Developer to join their team and grow into the full ownership of your own development team.
Reporting directly into the Head of Development, the .Net Developer will be responsible for writing clean and scalable code for niche technical products whilst supporting the wider development team on complex technical issues. Implementing the newest technology within an agile environment, you will be required to fully understand your product ownership and how it links into the wider team. Joining a fully established CI/CD pipeline, you will be required to build Greenfield systems across the full technical stack (a personal bias towards front end or back end is fine due to the scope of projects) whilst deploying using Azure DevOps & Cloud infrastructure. Within the past years, the business has moved their systems into microservices so it’s important you are knowledgeable / commercially experienced in building systems within a micro services environment. Built on the practising methodology of, ‘if you have an idea, you run with it’, the team are encouraged throughout to be creative in your solutions and to implement the most modern solutions to enable their services to remain fully bespoke as the team grows. Initially, the .Net Developer will work in partnership with the existing development team but the vision is for this role to grow into a Senior Software Developer role as you are given the autonomy of looking after your own team.
The whole team are working fully remotely & flexibly at the minute but ideally, when possible, you would be able to commute into the South Manchester office at least once every fortnight. The entire team works on a ‘what’s best for you’ policy in that if you want / need to be in the office more often / less often, they will make it work around your circumstances.
Key Responsibilities of the .Net Developer:
- Build creative and bespoke solutions to technical issues whilst taking technical ownership for an area of system development
- Create sustainable products on modernisation & Greenfield projects across the business
- Support senior developers in the management of junior developers whilst shadowing technical leaders to understand the business management style and help shape your growth
- Continuously stay up to date with industry standards and new technology whilst keeping a keen eye on any opportunities to bring new concepts into the business.
- Back end built predominantly in .Net Core with a vision to translating into .Net 6 towards the middle of 2022.
- Cloud hosting & CI/CD managed through Azure DevOps using a continuous deployment methodology in an agile environment.
- CosmosDB & SQL Server used as DMS
Due to the volume of recruits planned to join the team, there is scope for the .Net Developer to be either full stack with a bias towards front end, or full stack with a bias towards back end - there’s plenty of projects to get stuck into!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Commercially experienced using the Microsoft stack with a keen eye on .Net Core.
- Ideally you’ll have experience using microservices but knowledge of microservices as a minimum is essential.
- Self motivated and driven by contributing major technical advances towards a scaling business
- Mentored and led junior developers within an agile environment
- Based on the nature of the business, and their working setups, it’s essential that you’re comfortable around dogs!! On any day the team will bring their pets in and their can be up to 5 dogs in the office on walk days.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive salary
- Modernisation projects into .Net 6 in 2022
- Progressive working environment
- Training on new frameworks / languages which you may not be as knowledgable in
- Flexibility to work remotely / flexibly depending on your circumstances. Ideally you’d be able to go into the South Manchester office at least once every fortnight.
- Structured progression into a Senior Software Developer role & autonomy to introduce new tech
What are you waiting for? Apply online today!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.