Senior Developer / Team Lead
In your role as a Senior Developer, you’ll help grow the department by managing development projects for several clients. You’ll understand and get under the skin of a client’s specific business objectives.
The work is fast-paced, with an impressive scope of responsibility. An ideal candidate should have a range of technical skills, good communication skills, and a knack for overcoming obstacles and technical challenges. Most importantly, you will be motivated to take ownership of solutions and deliver great quality work on time, with minimal bugs.
- Producing, building, and maintaining all elements of websites, applications, integrations, apps, and online software.
- Handling the entire lifecycle of project development, including writing detailed functional and technical specs and documentation for the rest of the team.
- Providing the best solution for the client using a solution-focused approach.
- Developing the team and always looking at how the development process can be improved.
- Smart operational leadership skills, ensuring team efficiency.
- Quality control of all aspects of development.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Reporting on progress and successes to the management team.
- Working with account and creative teams to find opportunities, develop quotes, proposal documents, and pitch presentations for potential projects.
- Balancing the demands of different customers through strategic team planning.
- Mentoring junior members of the development team
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Understanding of OOP, MVC and associated best practices.
- Experience developing and working on WordPress
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of database technologies, such as MySQL / MS SQL Server.
- Product configuration/management, access control, and resolution of end-user issues resulting from configuration errors/conflicts.
- Experience of GIT, familiarity with feature branch concepts, other branching strategies, pull requests and merge processes.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of current trends in the world of web development.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Experience in delivering digital projects to timescale and budget, reporting where necessary.
- Strong people-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to speak technically to developers and in simple, straightforward terms to our clients.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Effective working within a remote team environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Making a VERY good coffee.
Additional stuff we’d love you to understand
- Ionic, Capacitor or Cordova
- Bootstrap V4/V5
- React, Vue.js, Angular or Node.js and frameworks available for it (Express and AdonisJS).
- MVC Frameworks – experience of Laravel preferable, but other such as Codeigniter or YII will suffice.
- Redux, Vuex.
- Experience with task runners, build tools, and bundlers like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc. (or similar).
- Ecommerce systems – WooCommerce, Magento, Zen-Cart or Shopify.
- .NET Web Forms.
- .NET MVC – bespoke application development using an MVC framework such as Umbraco
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Experience using other databases such as Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Understanding of containerisation and Docker/Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Linux-based systems and comfortable with the Linux command line