The purpose of the role is to develop Business Intelligence Solutions for internal customers. Solutions developed are used to aide process and drive business decisions in all departments. Interacting with key stakeholders at all levels of business the role has a strong customer focus. The successful candidate is expected to work collaboratively with their internal customers to provide solutions that are accurate, have integrity and are of value to the business.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Identifying and refining data and reporting requirements from key stakeholders.
- Production of analytics and insights.
- Develop reporting.
- Validating scripts provided by other developers.
- Visualising and reporting data findings creatively in a variety of formats.
- Thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design.
- Performing data studies and data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
- Data extraction from multiple sources for reporting purposes.
Core Competencies and skills:
- Microsoft BI Stack - SSRS, SSIS
- SQL Server 2014-2019
- Stored Procedures
- Visual Studio
- Power BI – Reporting/Dashboard creation
- Data Warehouse knowledge
- Good communication skills and comfortable working with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Comfortable commenting code and documenting solutions.
- Comfortable with source controlling developments (Git/Bucket).
- Able to adhere to coding and development standards.
- Good knowledge of IT products and systems.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Able to communicate with people at all levels confidently and effectively.
- Able to prioritise work effectively and multitask.
- MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Customer focused.
- Flexible approach to work - team player.
- Adaptable to changing environment.
- Embraces continuous self-learning.
Desirable competencies and skills:
- Knowledge and experience of creating Data Marts.
- Power BI – DAX, Power Query.
- Power Shell.
- Performance Tuning.
- Analysis of large data sets.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 368,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £70.4 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
In return you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted PMI and Dental insurance
- Free gym and social events
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Plus much more!
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.