Due to planned growth, we are now recruiting a new In-House Recruiter to align with our tech department. You will work closely with the Recruitment and HR teams to deliver agreed recruitment and resourcing requirements for technology services, but occassionally other departments, as required.
This role has significant influence over the quality of the staff coming into the business and the time to hire; contributing directly to team performance and engagement in all business areas.
The role involves being able to understand specific tech recruitment requirements, and determining the most effective routes to hire, which do not compromise on candidate quality.
The external facing nature of this role will also mean that the In-House Recruiter will play a significant part in promoting AJ Bell’s differentiators as an employer to ensure that we attract the best people to fill vacancies.
What does the job involve?
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, hiring managers and the recruitment and HR teams, gaining a clear understanding of role requirements and supporting hiring managers in their recruitment activities, enabling them to recruit high quality staff in the best lead time possible.
- Contribute to evolving direct sourcing plans, taking into account changing business needs.
- Create appealing job adverts and creative content to drive direct applicants.
- Source candidates using a variety of recruitment channels, including database search; head hunting, job-board searching, networking, social and multimedia advertising.
- Build candidates pipelines for technology and digital roles.
- Act as brand ambassador, providing an excellent candidate experience from managing telephone pre-screening, interview prep and debrief, through to progress updates and offers. Giving quality, personalised feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
- Be responsible for keeping an ear to the ground on market trends and developments to support and influence hiring decisions within Technology Services department.
- Time to attend meetups amd tech events in order to network
Tools at your disposal:
- LinkedIn Recruiter Licence
- UK Job boards including CW Jobs
- Internal database
- Time to attend meetups and other events
Competence, knowledge and skills
- Proven background in a fast-paced permanent technology/digital recruitment environment, either in-house or agency.
- Understanding of relevant legislation which impacts on UK recruitment, including immigration and visa requirements.
Knowledge & Skills
- Tech candidate attraction and sourcing; knowledge of relevant direct talent acquisition channels; LinkedIn, networking events, meet-ups and recruitment fairs etc.
- Quick learner; able to understand a broad range of role requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure
- Passion for talent acquisition and technology/digital
- Self-sufficient and ability to work with little supervision
- Target driven, self motivated
About AJ Bell:
We are one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £70.4 billion and more than 368,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
We have grown throughout the pandemic with further growth planned. At AJ Bell you can expect a secure and friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- £30-40k starting salary (dependent on experience)
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus much more