We are now recruiting a further two Infrastructure Engineers to be primarily responsible for delivery, support and maintenance of AJ Bell Infrastructure across multiple sites in the UK.
The role also involves documenting, delivering, maintaining and supporting the infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Engineer co-ordinates, plans and executes infrastructure changes and maintenance.
What does the job involve?
- Deliver infrastructure changes, updates and upgrades as well as infrastructure elements of change projects or product releases.
- Document infrastructure solutions, changes and maintain appropriate IT controls.
- Maintain infrastructure to maximise systems availability.
- Monitor the health of the infrastructure to identify and predict any service impact and respond to the monitoring to maintain service performance.
- Monitor the capacity of the infrastructure and plan for increased demand to maintain service performance.
- Assist other IT staff members with investigations of problems occurring on the various systems, playing a part in resolving IT incidents in a timely manner.
- Maintain asset records for infrastructure assets ensuring they are up to date and accurate.
- Ensure compliance to the infrastructure standards.
Competence, knowledge and skills
- Experience in an Infrastructure Engineer or Sys Admin role, preferably gained in a FS or e-commerce environment
- Experience delivering & maintaining hosting in AWS
- Experience delivering & maintaining on VMC and VCF
- Experience delivering & maintaining a LAN and SD WAN
- Experience delivering & maintaining on TKG
- Experience delivering & maintaining HCI
- Experience delivering & maintaining Fortinet or similar firewalls
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) beneficial
- VMware, vROps, vRA, NSX, vRNI, vRLI, HCX
- SD WAN
- Fortinet firewall products.
- VXrail HCI, ESXi
- Linux server configuration and management
- Solarwinds, Zabbix, Opsgenie monitoring software.
- iSCSI SAN technology, Dell Equallogic & NetApp SANs
- Microsoft Windows Server
- ADFS, SSO, MFA
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Office 365
- Windows VDI
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE etc.)
- Capacity monitoring and planning
- AWS (desirable)
Personal and other skills
- Able to manage complexity: Accepts and works with ambiguity and complexity; Learns from past experiences and translates this into action; Shares information appropriately, getting their message across; Makes the complex simple for others
- Demonstrates self-awareness: Recognises influence and impact of own attitude and behaviour on others; Is self-motivated, looks for new types of work or training to improve knowledge, skills and expertise; Is able to challenge others in an appropriate way
- Focus on our customers: Agrees realistic outcomes with customers and manages their expectations, in line with SLA’s
- Know the business: Has a strong operational focus, focusing on the task at hand; Encourages co-operation across team and other business areas; Understands what the business is trying to achieve and is able to communicate it clearly to others; Effectively identifies and manages risks in own team
- Engage others: Provides helpful feedback to others to improve service
- Make good decisions: Breaks down information and problems effectively to find solutions; Can influence others using logical argument; Considers the wider business impact when making decisions (e.g. other teams); Makes good objective decisions, even when full information is not available
- Make improvements: Seeks ideas from others to improve established ways of working; Discusses change in a positive way; Is curious and generates new ideas for own area of work
- Work as a team: Builds team spirit and creates a positive work environment; Works across teams to build relationships
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 398,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £75.6 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity with length of service
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more.
This role is available under our hybrid working scheme. Ideally we're looking for people who are within commuting distance of one of our offices however for certain roles we can consider UK-based candidates who are further away - ask the recruitment team for more information. Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this time.