AJ Bell is one of the UK's largest investment platforms, with assets under administration exceeding £54.3 billion and more than 282,000 clients. Our award-winning products include Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts.
We are recruiting an Integration Developer to modernise our integration architecture, so we can decouple components whilst also improving performance, reliability and scalability.
As an Integration Developer, you will be expected to implement new and innovative technical solutions that modernise how we integrate our applications and services. You will join the Enterprise Architecture team, working with architects and agile development teams to modernise our integration approaches.
What does the job involve?
- Working with Solution and Software architects to design integration solutions that allow us to decouple components of our architecture
- Developing and implementing those solutions through to production, iteratively replacing legacy solutions
- Training, advising and mentoring other developers so agile teams can build out integration solutions independently
- Continuously refining and improving our integration solutions
Key technical skills
- Developing web applications and APIs in either C# or Java
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MySQL, MS SQL or PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Good knowledge of message queuing technology (e.g. RabbitMQ, AmazonMQ, Solace)
- Good understanding of secure development practices (DevSecOps)
- Experience using a git-based source control system
- Knowledge of CI automation systems such as Jenkins
Experience with any of the below is desirable
- Working with an integration technology (e.g. Tibco, WS02, Mulesoft, Boomi)
- Streaming ETL (e.g. Kafka) and change data capture (CDC)
- Ability to use Docker and container orchestration tools
- Event-driven Microservices
- Integration design patterns
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Planning, organisation and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous experience working in an e-commerce and/or financial services business
- Educated to degree level
What we offer:
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Season ticket loan
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Free gym and classes
- Volunteering days
- + much, much more!