AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £62.5 billion and more than 312,300 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
We are looking to recruit a enthusiastic and motivate individual to join our existing IT Asset Management team where you will play a key role in managing the Technology Services assets used at AJ Bell. Also as part of the role you will have the opportunity to assist the IT Service manager with supplier and stakeholder management actives.
What does the job involve?
Maintaining the IT Asset register
- Ensure new assets are added to the Asset Register at the time of purchase
- Complete reconciliations of virtual and physical assets against IT Asset register to ensure the register is up to date
- Remove decommissioned or end of life assets from the Asset register
- Reconciliation of license entitlement v’s current use to ensure compliance, raising potential issues to cost center owner for resolution.
- Review and analyse license usage and make recommendations on appropriate agreement types. I.e. transactional v’s enterprise
- Co-ordination and planning of key events such as True-up’s and renewals
- Assist cost centre owners with the purchase of new licenses or budgeting where requested
- Assist supplier owner/cost centre owner with provision of new contracts
- Management of contract renewals to ensure all contracts are either renewed or terminated in line with the contractual notice period.
- Raising payments and approving invoicing for new or renewed contracts
- Keeping accurate records of all existing and new contractions, including renewal date, notice period, contract overview and supplier detail
- Assist IT Service Manager(s) in understanding and management of existing and new contracts
- Identify opportunities to improve existing policies and procedures and introduce mechanisms which improve quality, efficiency and reliability
- Introduce structured methods and standards for asset management
- Involvement in delivering and adhering to asset management policies and procedures
- Maintenance and administration of asset management tools
Supplier and Stakeholder Management
- Assist IT Service Manager with the review and classification of new and existing suppliers, as per the classification matrix noted in the supplier management process document.
- Assist IT Service Manager with the management of Supplier and Contract records in Topdesk.
- Assist IT Service Manager with the management of third-party suppliers, including the attendance of service review meetings.
Experience in an asset management, supplier or stakeholder management role would be preferred, but is not essential and long as you have a willingness to learn and take on new skills.
Knowledge & Skills
- Team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain accurate information
- Analytical approach
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus much more