We are now recruiting a new Project Manager to be take responsibility for the timely and effective delivery of business and technology based projects, in support of AJ Bell’s strategic objectives.
The role is for an experienced Project Manager to deliver projects through the entire delivery life cycle; from inception through to go-live and post implementation. Projects are predominantly technology led with an emphasis on financial regulation therefore experience of financially regulated environment is essential. Deliverables must meet the key requirements of Proposition, Service and Price at the heart of The AJ Bell Way and in line with the guiding principles.
What does the job involve?
- Manage the delivery of multiple technology led projects, often with a strong emphasis on financial regulation or in direct support of our Technology Services strategy
- Delivery of complex IT orientated projects, across multiple sites and functions, mixing internal Agile development with 3rd party supplier development
- Establish and maintain effective and trusted relationships with internal Business and IT project stakeholders and external 3rd party suppliers
- Co-ordinate and drive collaboration of project resources to get the best from project team members
- Production and agreement of project scope and optimised project plans and responsibility for leading and managing the project team to these plans
- Produce and monitor resource forecasts and budgets and where change to the terms of reference is required follow appropriate change control
- Regular reporting on project status to sponsors, stakeholders and executive management board
- Identification and management of project risks, issues and dependencies, plus assessment of consumer outcome risks posed by the project
- Mentoring of junior project managers
Competence, knowledge and skills
- Ability to quickly understand technical topics
- Use of sound judgement to determine when it is necessary to escalate through established escalation channels in a timely manner
- Experience of delivering in a financially regulated environment
- Pragmatic approach to delivery of projects
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner certification
- Experience of multiple IT project delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, SDLC, SAFe
- Experience of delivering in a financially regulated environment desirable
- Financial services industry knowledge, e.g. pensions, investments and stockbroking, would be beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships
- Good business/commercial knowledge
- Analytical skills/problem solving
- Planning and organisational skills
- High attention to detail
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £75.6 billion and more than 398,000 clients. Our award-winning propositions include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as offices in Bristol and London.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our management development programme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our strong guiding principles.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan and Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Free social events
- Plus much more