AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £62.5 billion and more than 312,300 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to lead on our award winning Investcentre platform. The Full Stack Engineer will be joining a team which has a philosophy of continuous improvement, and a strong focus on engineering excellence
- Agile methodologies and a passion for continuous improvement and building a high-performance engineering team
- Guide and mentor the team to design and deliver high quality products
- Consider architectural and non-functional requirements and work with the team to deliver
- At AJ Bell we pair, and you, in most cases will pair with other people
Competence, Knowledge and Skills
- Significant commercial experience developing services and APIs with C#, .NET core, Mongo and/or SQL with techniques such as domain-driven design and MVC.
- Strong technical background in web development with Angular/React/VueJs.
- Experience in developing HTTP-based APIs and implementation of RESTful services with JSON.
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Practices Test Driven Development and is comfortable with various test frameworks and concepts.
- A proven record in developing scalable, highly available and highly performing middle-tier components.
- Familiarisation with containerisation and tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of developing, deploying, and maintaining Cloud-Based solutions on AWS
- Understand principles behind highly performing web pages
- Experience/Familiarity with Entity framework core.
- Experience/Familiarity with communications technologies (Web API, Google Protocol Buffers) and message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Agile / SCRUM / SAFe
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Very motivated with high levels of drive and enthusiasm
- E-commerce and/or financial services experience
What we offer:
- Regular remote working
- Bonus Scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Company pension
- Choice of computer and gear
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with service and holiday buy and sell
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.