We’re looking for an intelligent, energetic and driven software engineer to help us deliver our brand, products and services to our clients and their advisers. People who are excited by technology, love pushing the boundaries of what's possible while at the same time keeping an eye on the bigger picture and ensuring the best outcomes for our customers by providing straightforward solutions.
This is a challenging role involving a high level of attention to detail but also allows a great deal of flexibility on achieving the right result using the best technology for a given situation. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a fast paced environment which is varied and rewarding.
You will be part of a cross-functional Agile team, delivering our enterprise backlog development items. You will have solid experience in delivery of development projects to agreed timescales and quality objectives, working in accordance with defined Agile framework and processes.
- Strong experience in developing services and APIs using C#
- Strong knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Secure development practices.
- Using a git-based source control system.
- Knowledge of CI automation systems such as Jenkins
- Some experience of React or Angular frameworks
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Planning, organisation, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The nice to haves:
- Messaging (e.g. RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Working knowledge of domain-driven design.
- Docker/Kubernetes and container orchestration tools.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Test-driven development (TDD).
- AWS cloud infrastructure/Relevant AWS certifications.
- Previous experience working in e-commerce and/or financial services.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have over 449,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £71.5 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1100 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
What we offer:
- £50,000-60,000k starting salary (depending on experience)
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 25 days, increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Annual free shares scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme from day one
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- Free social events and more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.