You will carry out testing across a wide range of processes and systems - UI, API, back office (workflow) processes, 3rd party systems and integrations between all of these systems including end to end testing. You will be able to deliver tested, resilient and performant code against a fast paced environment. Your role will be pivotal in helping us achieve our mission by developing, shaping and iterating our customer applications.
You will be working on a product that will help shape the way that people invest in order to secure their future financial wellbeing. Working in a highly focused application development team you will be responsible for delivering against key company goals not just a set of features. You will have the opportunity to impact and shape the way we build products.
Working in a small agile team will allow you to be both nimble whilst at the same time delivering value to the business. Our focus is on individuals and delivery rather than ceremonies and complex process.
- Carry out testing across a wide range of processes and systems - including UI, API, back office (workflow) processes, 3rd party systems and integrations between all of these systems including end to end testing
- Understand and interpret business, functional and technical requirements
- Understand AJ Bell products and processes, and relevant Financial Services legislation
- Have input into how solutions are developed and delivered using knowledge and expertise to help deliver the best possible outcome for the customer
- Execute test scripts and record results using software testing tools (JIRA/XRAY)
- Raising bugs in a timely manner with sufficient detail to be fixed/reproduced
- Working alongside Technical Leads and Testers from Project inception to create and implement appropriate test automation approach to complement the manual testing and overall project deliveries.
- Being involved in exciting new research projects and proof of concepts
- Supporting User Acceptance Testing and release to Production
- Knowledge of Agile working practices and ability to apply its practice
The below are the skills and tools that we use but we don't expect you to have knowledge of everything, more a desire to learn and adopt these.
- Full understanding of the testing lifecycle & methodologies
- Create and design automated test scripts using the BDD methodology
- Maintain and enhance the existing automation frameworks
- Carry out exploratory testing within an Agile development environment
- Develop test tools, and extend test frameworks and test environments
- Proven experience testing APIs using integration tools
- Knowledge of Cypress, Gherkin, Page Object Model, PactumJS, TypeScript
- Technical understanding of processes under test and relevant related processes and the ability to test components
- An understanding of test automation concepts and their application
- Experience in CI / CD using tools such as Jenkins, Git, AWS CodePipeline
- Take an automation-first approach to test execution where possible
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with those in a technical role (e.g. developers) in addition to user
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have over 491,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £76.1billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1200 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘Best 100 Companies to Work For’ for six consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days, increasing up to 31 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Free shares scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme from day one
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- Free social events and more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.