Are you a creative problem solver, passionate about new technology and making stuff work? Do you want to lead a diverse team and make a real impact for our retailers? If so, we want to hear from you! We are always on the lookout for great Senior PHP developers to join our team!
We are a technical agency who work with Magento Enterprise. If you are a Magento developer, fantastic! If you have not worked with Magento before, don’t worry, we will train you up. If you have experience with OOP, MVC and database design such as MySQL, Oracle or EAV, let’s chat.
Day-to-day you will…
- Write good quality code to written technical specifications
- Build complex and challenging web applications
- Actively support and mentor members of the development team
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with developers to achieve these through regular code reviews
- Work with Project Management and the Head of Development to deliver business requirements
- Create and document test plans, implement and manage unit tests and scripts
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates
Who do we look for?
The team has a broad range of abilities and experience. We don’t believe that one-size-fits-all but here are a few things we typically look for in our Devs:
- Experience managing the tasks of a development team within a commercial environment
- Ability to design, articulate and build complex applications with knowledge or best practices and architectures
- Commercial experience with PHP and PHP-based frameworks (e.g’s. Zend, CodeIgniter, Expression Engine)
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code
And here are some things we love to see but are not essential:
- Experience with ecommerce development (preferably, Magento)
- Systems administration background
- Contribution to an open source project
- Experience mentoring and leading junior members of a development team.
- Technical experience with: Magento Indexes; Magento Caching; application architecture; automated testing
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative break out areas to get those ideas flowing!
Some of the perks
- Competitive salary
- 32 days holiday (inc. of public holidays) with an extra day’s holiday for every year you work with us
- Flexible working. For us, this means a mix of remote and office-based each week in a way that best suits you. Please note, right now the team is working remotely due to Covid-19.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans
- Aviva Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses
- Social events