Senior Software Engineer (iPaaS)
We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers.
Right now, we’re looking for a PHP Software Engineer who is also a creative problem solver, passionate about new technology and loves making stuff work. You will be working on our internally developed iPaaS called snow.io, in both product development and integration delivery for our clients, which makes developing for Snow fast paced by nature.
As an iPaaS, ease of integration for developers, as well as high performance and availability is critical, and so use of modern technologies and development practices are a must.
This job is perfect for someone who enjoys both optimizing existing integration platform architectures and building new capabilities from the ground up.
Your role will include:
- Snow platform development, with heavy emphasis on maintainability and delivery.
- Work closely with the Head of Development, and Solutions Architect to help further improve the platform, meeting business needs.
- Working with your project team to find the best technical solutions for our customers.
- Use of TDD to ensure application robustness.
- Investigating, analysing, documenting and correcting reported bugs.
What you bring:
- Commercial experience with OOP PHP.
- Experience with Asynchronous event driven architectures and functional programming.
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient and standards-compliant code to articulate and build complex applications.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS technologies.
- Demonstrable experience working as part of a team with a clear understanding of your role and shared responsibilities
More reasons to join us:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Personal development plans
- Private healthcare
- 32 days’ holiday (includes public holidays)
- Meet-ups and social events