This is a great opportunity to join a growing and flexible company – and an equally important trait in our ideal candidate is someone who’s willing to stand out from the crowd and innovate within their role.
What you’ll do
- You’ll report and provide technical input to the Project Manager and Technical Lead where needed.
- You’ll independently produce solid engineering solutions.
- You’ll contribute to technical and design documentation.
- You’ll contribute to the breakdown and estimation of tasks and change requests.
- You’ll understand and use development environments and associated tools.
- You’ll manage technical issues.
- You’ll ensure your work is delivered to project main line, always following coding standards in line with project policy.
- You’ll ensure the high quality of your work – regularly testing and documenting code in line with project policy and subjecting it to code reviews.
- You’ll use source code control and manage defects in line with project policy.
- You’ll release builds in line with project policy, always testing those builds before submission to Apadmi QA.
- You’ll act as a technical liaison with our customers where needed.
What We Need
- The ability to write software in a variety of languages.
- At least 12 months relevant industry experience.
- Good knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
What makes an ideal candidate
- A passion for personal development – you’ll always keep up to date with industry best practice and technology.
- Great communication skills, confident speaking with other members of the team and escalating any staff issues to team lead.
- A highly motivated candidate with demonstrated software development competence, and the ability to work unsupervised on projects.
Why work for Apadmi?
We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
We don’t just want you to work on cool projects with big brand names; we’re driven by your needs and your personal development. Together with your team leader, we’ll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you’ll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We’ve also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes – with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good-factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community.