Digital Strategy Lead - CDDO
Cabinet Office Government Digital Service -
What you'll do
As a Digital Strategy Lead you’ll:
- Play a leading role in the development and communication of the HMG Digital and Data Strategy, working closely with analytical colleagues to ensure all components make sense and fit together as part of an innovative, robust, holistic and compelling direction and plan.
- Contribute to discussions with senior officials and Ministers on the creation and delivery of Strategy and functional content.
- Use the Digital and Data Strategy to shape and influence the broader DDaT and CDDO performance and implementation plan, working with senior leadership to resolve difficult challenges quickly and with confidence.
- Represent CDDO in meetings across government both within the Cabinet Office and OGDs, managing strong relationships with stakeholders from all levels across government and with external influencers to secure delivery of strategic priorities.
- Shape and craft a portfolio of strategy submissions and briefings for senior governance meetings and departmental commissions.
- Mentor and support the other members of the Strategy and Analysis team and wider strategy community in CDDO.
Who you'll be
This role requires:
- Experience and knowledge of broad and complex strategic work across systems, with an ability to think strategically and bring clarity and structure to uncertainty when developing policy.
- An ability to translate complex and broad material - both qualitative and quantitative - into clear written or oral analysis and communications, including briefings and presentations;
- Excellent quality in delivery and an ability to operate effectively and flexibly in a fast paced, political and complex environment;
- Experience and enthusiasm for leading a team, including coaching and developing others, to ensure a high performing, highly engaged and happy unit.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships, and credibly engaging with and influencing senior leaders and external influencers.
The standard selection process for roles at CDDO consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, hit apply. We only ask for a Cover Letter (up to 750 words) and a CV. Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “who you’ll be” section above.
- An interview - We will asses you against the behaviours listed and your experience
- In addition to this, there will be a briefing task at the interview - details of this will be shared closer to the interview
Depending on the volume of applications we may also include an additional stage, which you will be invited to should you pass the application screening stage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
CDDO offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months, from which further appointments can be made.
Candidates that do not pass the interview, however, have demonstrated an acceptable standard will be considered for similar roles at a lower grade.
Security Clearance: The level of clearance required for this role is BPSS. Further details are outlined in Security vetting for employees.
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. For further information see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prison-leavers-project-improving-outcomes-for-prison-leavers
Posted by Cabinet Office Government Digital Service
Civil Service Technology Roles
Here at CDDO ( Central Digital & Data Office) we have some fantastic opportunities that can be based from our expanding Manchester office.