We are looking for experienced developers that are happiest when working at the bleeding edge of the technology industry to take part in the development of a reconfigurable Mobile App as a Service (MAaaS) platform.
Our ideal candidate will be equally talented at back-end and front-end development, self-motivated, passionate, and keen to grow and thereby deliver a significant contribution to the team in our fast-paced working environment.
Our business is built on trusting and empowering our people, and believing that the best way to learn, is to do, supported by comprehensive training resources within the framework of a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program.
- Cross-platform Mobile App Development using React Native
- Full-stack development using .NET Core
- Use of a GraphQL middleware layer
- Maintenance of a containerized Docker infrastructure
- Working in a small, agile team of 2 to 6 people
- Maintaining code quality with regular 360 code reviews, E2E Testing, and Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert for reference by our internal team and customers
- Taking ownership of more complex parts of the project, guiding other developers to the right solution
- Code reviewing the work of the developers on complex areas of solutions and on a periodic basis
- Investigate future technologies and assessing how and whether they should be used by the team
- Mentor more junior team members, educating them on best practises and furthering their career development
- Work to establish best practice for development standards, in collaboration with other senior development staff
- Assisting the Lead Developer of the platform in architectural and key technical approaches for the platform moving forward.
Candidates must hold a 2:1 or higher degree in a relevant discipline from a reputable university.
Desirable Skills & Previous Experience
- C# .NET Core / MVC / Other OO Experience
- React / React Native
- SQL Server
- Git / Source Control
- Front-end & Back-end (Unit) Testing
- Ability to adapt to a high-pressure, reactive working environment
- Self-motivated & delivery-focused
- 2-3 years commercial experience required
What to Expect
- Type: Full-time
- Working Hours: 9am – 5.30pm Monday-Friday; Flexi-hours Policy Available
- Salary: Competitive & negotiable based on experience
- Location: Manchester (City Centre) & Flexible Working Options Available
- Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays
- Pension: Entry to company pension scheme after three months’ employment; employer contribution of 5% of basic salary (on top of basic salary)
- Other Benefits: Private healthcare, Company laptop and gym subsidy
- Performance & Pay Reviews: 1-week, 1-month and 3-month onboarding reviews. Annual pay and performance reviews.
Benefits of Working at Cantarus
- On-the-job training – take part in regular training sessions run by our very own in-house experts alongside our formal Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program with allocated training time and budget,
- Learn from working with the best - it may be a cliché, but if you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!
- Pension – plan for the future with our generous company pension scheme,
- After-hours takeaway – although we do not have a long-hours culture, if you fancy working late one night, have a pizza on us!
- Relaxed atmosphere – join a friendly team who are always willing to lend a hand,
- Socialise - for those who like to mingle, we have regular company nights out as well as two five-a-side teams, a board games group and regular squash and tennis players,
- Project launch parties - we frequently celebrate project go-lives and other major company milestones,
- Gym subsidy - train your mind and body with 50% off your monthly gym membership fee.