We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our fast-paced Data Services area. Acting as a Technical Lead within the multi-functional, agile based squad you'll be developing some of our new sophisticated solutions for deployment in a microservices-based environment using Java. We are creating an environment and culture of continual learning and we are looking for a Senior Java Developer who has some experience of coaching and mentoring other members of the team.
Taking technical ownership, you will maintain a keen awareness of industry and technology breakthroughs, ensuring we are always benefiting from best practice. As a Senior Java Developer, you’ll be comfortable talking about system design and architecture and providing mentoring to other team members.
Since you are being hired to our Data Services team, your designation would be Senior Data Engineer once you are hired.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading software development houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport, powering brands such as Swinton and Tesco Bank. The CDL suite of products power all aspects of an insurance provider’s needs, from Digital and Price Comparison integration, through to back office, fulfilment and pricing as well as Data products. Several of CDL's applications are prime to break out of the Insurance sector and provide a route to diversification and expansion globally.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative, inspiring working environment, with our employees at the heart of our company.
As part of the Data Services team, you will work on CDL’s high performance business intelligence (BI) and management information solution that enables customers to derive powerful insight and value from the data that they hold. Built using cloud technology, currently AWS, it provides performance, scalability and flexibility
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven experience with Cloud using AWS or similar.
- Good understanding and proven experience within a Linux environment.
- Experience in complex and highly available software systems.
- Good Knowledge of NoSQL Database
- Container development in AWS or similar
- Strong Experience in Microservices preferably Spring Boot
- Strong Development Experience in Java
- Remote working – occasional requirements to attend the office
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start, increasing by 1 day per 1 year of service up to 30 days.
- Top employer for 6th year running
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- Life and health assurance
- Established Recognition Award System
- Great Maternity / Paternity Benefits
- Diversity and Inclusion network
- Pension scheme
- Community projects and volunteer days
- Refer a friend bonus
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Annual Hackathon Events
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms