We are growing our Digital department and are looking for a Web Developer with at least 3 years of web development experience to help us transform and drive forward our client's digital solutions.
You will help develop some of the UK’s largest retail insurers' use of digital to drive their businesses including Tesco Bank, Co-Op and Sainsbury’s Bank. Playing a pivotal part in assisting them to modernise their tech stacks.
You’ll be excited by the capabilities of new technologies that we are moving to but also won’t be phased by the older tech we are migrating from, with a passion and desire to work in a Test-Driven Development (TDD) & DevOps culture.
You’ll be working in one of our delivery squads that is responsible for driving and delivering against a customer product roadmap within the Digital department. Each delivery squad is multi-disciplined and consists of up to 10 members across delivery management, UX research, UI design, DevOps, Business Analysis, Quality and Software Engineering.
You will be part of the Software Engineering community with all other Software Engineers across the six delivery squads within the Digital department, inputting to the direction of software engineering, sharing & driving best practices, and Internal Open source across the Digital department.
You must demonstrate a strong desire to not only improve yourself but participate in our culture of learning & sharing. You will have support from our Software Engineering Seniors, Leads and Principals, as well as support to gain industry-recognised certifications.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. We promote knowledge sharing through lunch and learns and workshops and you will receive coaching and mentoring from more senior members of the team.
- Software engineering practices such as TDD, SOLID, Refactoring, Micro-services etc
- Capable of working in an agile environment, re-enforcing and supporting team improvements and process
- Excellent communication skills – making tech choices easy to understand to all the squad’s stakeholders
- DevOps: Infrastructure as code, Pipelines, Docker, Cloud architecture (AWS preferred)
- Remote working – occasional requirements to attend the office
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start, increasing by 1 day per 1 year of service up to 30 days.
- Top employer for 6th year running
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- Life and health assurance
- Established Recognition Award System
- Great Maternity / Paternity Benefits
- Diversity and Inclusion network
- Pension scheme
- Community projects and volunteer days
- Refer a friend bonus
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Annual Hackathon Events
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms