We are looking for an experienced Linux/Windows hosting engineer to join our team in a Manchester Data Centre (near MediaCity). You will be working in a small team where your contribution will really matter. As the data centre grows, we can offer good career prospects and additional benefits (such as meeting training/certification costs.)
This is a good opportunity to work in a friendly and relaxed environment with like-minded individuals and with long-term career development prospects.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Deployment of servers, both physical and virtual.
- Troubleshoot problems and find resolutions.
- Provide advice and excellent customer service to customers via helpdesk and phone.
- Provide pre-sales assistance to Sales staff; recommend hardware.
Must have experience in the following – at least 12 months experience:
- Extensive understanding of Linux and Windows Operating systems and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience of server deployments in a data centre environment.
- Experience of cPanel/Plesk and LAMP stack environments.
- Basic understanding of networking principles and design.
- A driving license and access to a vehicle.
- Familiarity with Server / Computer Hardware both building and troubleshooting.
- A desire and willingness to learn and grow with the company.
Others skills/experience (but not essential):
- Understanding of virtualization platforms (VMWare, CloudStack. Hyper-V, etc).
- Installation and provisioning of network, rack and hosting equipment.
- Knowledge of Storage solutions (SAN, NAS etc).
- Experience and knowledge of working within network environments.
- Network & Vendor certifications.
- Excellent communication skills
£20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
- Shift allowance.
- Over-time allowance.
- Bonuses for achieving key metrics
- Holidays: 20 days, plus all bank holidays.
Reference ID: DCPLIN1
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Windows or Linux: 1 year (Required)
- Manchester, Greater Manchester (Preferred)
No recruitment agencies please.