We are looking for a User Researcher to join our team of user-centred design specialists working to improve outcomes for teachers through policy and service design. You will support other researchers, service designers and policy and service owners by generating new and useful user insights to design user-centred policy and services.
As a User Researcher, you will:
• You will help to plan, design, prepare and run user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of DfE services for schools (this could include interviews, diary studies, prototype testing, usability and accessibility testing).
• You will advocate appropriate research strategies to understand user needs for a service, and to continually test and improve the service.
• You will help to manage the research process from recruiting participants, designing tasks, and preparing discussion guides, to research moderation, analysis and presenting results.
• You will effectively communicate user research findings to the team, so that they share a strong and empathetic understanding of their users (including presentations at show and tells, designing and maintaining research outputs on the team wall, formal reports etc).
• You will collaborate with insight and analysis colleagues to build up a rich picture of our users.
• You will advocate for inclusive design and research, ensuring full inclusion and understanding of users with access needs and those that require non-digital access or support.
• You will actively contribute to the user research community within the DfE and across government.