We’re looking for a User Research Operations Manager to join our community of digital specialists within DfE Digital in Manchester!
We're creating a great place to work by offering:
• An environment with flexible working options including flexi-time with no core hours
• Learning and development tailored to your role and a personal L&D budget
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance up to 30 days after 5 years of service
• Modern and effective collaboration tools
This is an exciting new role, and is part of our wider digital transformation, supporting our teams to deliver policy and services!
You will build and manage a team to provide operational support to our large community of user researchers. We have ambitious plans for in-house user recruitment services, knowledge management solutions, and a wide range of other support, guidance and policies. You will help shape the Research Operations service, and the strategy and roadmap for how we deliver it.
Research Operations is a relatively new profession, so you may not currently be working in an equivalent role. You might be a user researcher who is passionate about the operational side of your profession, or you may be somebody working in a service delivery, product or operational role, who is passionate about supporting teams to deliver user-centred services. You might not be in a digital role, but you’ll have experience or awareness of agile digital delivery. Most importantly you’ll be a natural leader, who is excited about building, shaping and growing a team and service, and making it a success.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify in ethnic minority and under-represented communities.
As the Research Operations Manager, you will:
• Lead a team delivering services to user researchers, including in user recruitment, tools and templates, knowledge management, and policies and governance
• Build a strategy and roadmap for Research Operations, including what success looks like and how it will be measured
• Support the User Research leadership team to deliver our wider roadmap, including in areas like accessibility and inclusive research, community, ethics, and professional development
• Manage and coach your team, ensuring they have clear goals, are motivated, and are collaborating and working well
• Work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to deliver services across the department
• Support our commercial teams in building and maintaining relationships with external suppliers
• Share learnings with other Research Operations teams across government and in the private sector
• Be part of a diverse, inclusive, supportive culture that stimulates innovation and enables high-performing teams to build and sustain high quality products and delivery
It's essential that you will:
• Have a good working knowledge of research in a large agile organisation, and the operational services required to make it successful (e.g. user recruitment, tools and templates, knowledge management, policies and governance etc)
• Be able to successfully manage and lead a team with varying backgrounds and levels of experience, to successfully deliver a service
• Be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including digital staff, internal teams and external suppliers
It's desirable that you:
• Have experience of working in a user-centred team delivering services to the GDS Service Standard
• Have experience in accessibility and inclusive service design