Key duties & responsibilities
We are a Drupal and WordPress development team. For this role we will help you develop your Drupal skills, understand our workflow, Drupal standards and best practice. You’ll likely lean towards Drupal but also happy to turn your hand to WordPress.
- Collaborate with designers/frontend developers and with the help of the team deliver entire sites and web apps.
- Write clean, efficient and readable code.
- Understand how to write efficient MySQL queries without the support of frameworks or CMSs.
- Be passionate about coding quality and meeting standards keeping up to date with the progress of PHP and other web technologies.
- Familiar with object oriented concepts used in PHP frameworks (such as Symfony, Zend, etc)
- Accurately track time spent and ensure efficient production.
- Drupal / WordPress experience
- An understanding of Linux / AWS server management.
- Have used version control software such as Mercurial or Git.
- Have experience with Linux/Unix command-line environment.
- Have integrated with third party APIs.
What we offer
£25-30K salary depending on skills and experience.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Share (shared equally) and quarterly performance bonus
- 27 days annual leave, 2 volunteer days per year and an extra day of leave for each year worked.
- Matched pension contribution
- Dental Plan, Income Protection and Death in Service benefit
- Health and Wellbeing Budget
- Generous family leave policy
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Dedicated training budget
- Flexible and fair working culture
- Bi-weekly chair massage, (from a qualified masseuse) to prevent RSI.
- Free Friday drinks – and team lunch every month
95% of our clients are charity and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
About Fat Beehive
Fat Beehive is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair work environment. We want to create a workspace where people want to come to work and that engages them to give their best. Attracting, recruiting, developing and inspiring the very best people – people who are happy and engaged in their work do a better job – which ultimately makes it easier for us to delight our clients.