Lead Kubernetes Engineer
GFT - Manchester
We are looking for a technologist to join the GFT team and help build out our rapidly expanding cloud business.
As a Kubernetes Engineer, you will engage with prospective and existing clients on projects involving Kubernetes ecosystem – from platform buildouts, continuous integration and delivery systems rollout, multi and hybrid cloud implementations all the way to breaking down monoliths, containerising applications and deploying them onto platform you’ve built earlier.
- Kubernetes experience – architecting, deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with either on prem (OpenShift etc), or any cloud-based Kubernetes platform (AKS, EKS, GKE)
- Knowledge of container ecosystem
- Experience with DevOps tooling such as Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins, Git
- Experience with monitoring tooling such as Prometheus
- Experience with HashiCorp stack – Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus
Competencies and Skills Needed
Mandatory Technical Skills
- In-depth knowledge of any Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong technical, architectural and design skills
- Extensive Linux development experience
- Knowledge of Service Mesh environments
- Experience with developing automated cloud infrastructures with Terraform and Ansible
- Prior experience of working with an IT consultancy
- Recognised as an SME in Kubernetes
- Working on proposals for new client projects
- Presentation of technical topics at industry events
- Ability to deliver technical and functional training
- You should be able to clearly demonstrate you are a driven person who has achieved success in your career that goes above the normal.
- You should be able to demonstrate that you are a curious person, who is continuously learning
- You should be able to demonstrate that you are a strong team player, who is open to the views of others
- You should have a strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
What we offer you
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
You will work in a supportive office environment where the team are always learning and developing. You will work with some of the UKs largest companies using advanced cloud technology. You will be part of a larger international team and will likely work closely with our colleagues in Spain, Poland and the US.
You will be able to take part in GFT’s Open Source initiatives and our industry events.
Founded in 1987 and located in 13 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 5,000 people. GFT provides them with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation. The GFT Technologies SE share is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.