By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise – we help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers.
As a Go Developer you’ll be integral to our client facing delivery teams, working with clients to design and build their technology enabled cloud technology solutions.
About the role:
• You will be responsible for providing technical thought leadership on client engagements.
• You will be hands on in projects, taking a lead in the design and development of solutions as well as providing technical guidance and validation to the wider team.
• You will actively contribute to development team activities and solutions.
• You will be responsible for stakeholder management, building client relationships and identifying new opportunities.
• You will need to have a thirst to grow and mentor those that you work with. People come first and it's important to foster the long term progression of the team.
About you (ideally):
• A good working knowledge of Golang and modern software engineering – TDD, Agile, DevOps
• A passion for open-source programming or commercial tooling
• A strong background of technical leadership within engineering teams
• Experience of mentoring
• Participation in the end to end delivery lifecycle
• Hungry to learn, out of the box thinker
• A client focused, 'can-do' attitude
• High attention to detail
• Continuously challenging the status quo
• Feeling comfortable to work with new clients
• Experience in development in Golang, AWS and /or Lambda
• Exposure to front end development using either React or Angular.JS
• Object Oriented Programming and SOLID principles
• A testing first mind-set: TDD/BDD
• Cloud Technology awareness ie AWS
• Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
• DDD/Event Driven Architecture
• Serverless Architectures
• Able to work within an Agile setting
• Desirable experience working with some DevOps tooling:
• Continuous Integration – Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Travis CI etc.
• Continuous Deployment/Delivery – Automic, Octopus Deploy, UrbanCode etc.
• Containers – Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere etc.
• Configuration Management – Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
• Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP, ElasticSearch Logstash Kibana and some Splunk, CloudWatch, IAM etc.
• Infrastructure as Code – HashiStack (Terraform, Vault, Consul...), CloudFormation etc.
• WebServices - DynamoDB/Athena/S3/Kinesis/Lambda
• Monitoring – ELK, Prometheus, Splunk etc.
• Experience working with Linux and/or Windows systems
Our approach enables companies “build the exceptional” and be fit for purpose in the 21st century. We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path. You’ll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.
This role is based in our UK&I region.
Why work at GlobalLogic.
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering our people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences – providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career.
Our region also supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by our business, customer and individual needs. You’ll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), and discounted gym memberships. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day – so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more. We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors - https://www.techtalentcharter.co.uk/