These are exciting times at Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). As an agency of the MoJ, we provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. Within that portfolio the Digital and Technology Services Transformation Programme (DTS) has a clear ambition to create an organisational culture where diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams bring together in-house digital, data and technology specialists to build capability, work smarter and more efficiently.
We support, manage and develop digital services, making sure they are working, legislatively compliant and fit-for purpose. We work closely with HMCTS operational teams, MoJ Digi/Tech and external suppliers to support the business through an understanding of user needs and business requirements. We also manage the IT service provided by MoJ DigiTech (computers, printers, network access) and ensure that HMCTS gets maximum value from its investment in IT.
As a Business Analyst your core purpose will be to act as the bridge between the business and the technical. This will involve you identifying the requirements of a service, identifying the benefits to the user and translating this into actionable requirements for the development team. You will work iteratively with the business and the development team to clarify ambiguity, resolve issues and assist with additional functionality across the service development lifecycle.
You will be experienced as a BA in a variety of elicitation methods and can advise your team on the appropriate use of each method depending on the stakeholder and scenario. You will be given the opportunity to continue to grow your management capabilities as well as managing relationships with senior stakeholders as you progress to becoming a leading figure within the BA community.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
- Know how to help the team to decide the best approach
- Can help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP), print and scope
- Compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
- Recognise when something does not work and encourages a mind-set of experimentation
- Know how to drive the analysis and collection of information to help create recommendations for service improvements
- Analyse large amounts of complex information and use it to produce solutions
- Can help to evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis
- Able to analyse current processes, identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes, and leads and develops a team of experts to deliver service improvements
What are we looking for?
- Experience of working in a large digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of large digital organisations operate in the context of this role
- Previous experience of working across senior technical and business stakeholders ensuring the understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria is aligned
- Proven track record of managing product lifecycles ensuring full alignment with wider Departmental strategy
- Experience of analysing large amounts of complex information and using it to produce solutions
- Has managed other BAs on a project by quality assuring the work produced and mentoriing to improve outcomes
- Facilitation skills with the ability to find common ground between the technical and non-technical
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience of problem solving and working with others to deliver at pace
- Can make decisions within agreed parameters
- Good communication skills
What can we offer you?
- A generous pension scheme on average of up to 22%
- 25 days leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday
- Flexible working; whether it’s working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy to discuss options with you
- Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year for voluntary work you may wish to undertake
- We also currently have employee-run networks for colleagues of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees with which you will eligible to join
We are passionate about career development and in order to help support this, we offer a number of training and development platforms that employees will have access to. Working with your manager, you will be given the support and time required to complete agreed courses, as part of your personal development plan.
- Pluralsight - Over 7000 video training courses created by over 1400 subject-matter experts, covering a wide range of software development related skills.
- Microsoft Enterprise Skills Initiative - a range of Azure focused courses that can lead to Microsoft Certification.
- Civil Service Learning - a wide variety of online training to help support your role as a Civil Servant.
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity