These are exciting times at Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). As an agency of the MoJ, we provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. Within that portfolio the Digital and Technology Services Transformation Programme (DTS) has a clear ambition to create an organisational culture where diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams bring together in-house digital, data and technology specialists to build capability, work smarter and more efficiently.
We support, manage and develop digital services, making sure they are working, legislatively compliant and fit-for purpose. We work closely with HMCTS operational teams, MoJ Digi/Tech and external suppliers to support the business through an understanding of user needs and business requirements. We also manage the IT service provided by MoJ DigiTech (computers, printers, network access) and ensure that HMCTS gets maximum value from its investment in IT.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will champion the delivery and continuous improvement of a major product and define, own and solve problems. You will use your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems, set priorities and to drive your delivery teams to deliver continuous improvement. You will be responsible for developing the overall vision and strategy for a major product, working with other product managers and through engagement with senior stakeholders (both internal and external), user researchers and content designers, cross functional product teams and technical strategists, and the delivery of that vision, through time. Your work will impact across DTS, HMCTS and the external reputation of the organisation through effective management of products.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding and impacting the business strategy and vision
- Translate business strategy and vision into a clear roadmap and vision for digital products, ensuring teams are adhering to it and maintain the roadmap to align with changing priorities
- Define service measures and metrics strategy for products
- Deliver products that meet the Digital by Default Service Standard and are best in class for government, giving the same level of digital experience users expect from daily interaction with the most respected web services.
- Drive and lead innovation with suppliers for current and future capability
- Manage a number of product managers, each responsible for a particular product.
- Guide and advise others on technical areas you have expertise in and coach and mentor more junior colleagues. Lead on and participate in recruitment as required.
- Help provide direction, support, objectives for team members – both individual and organisation objectives with the structure and environment that supports positive learning, sharing ideas and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of working in a large digital organization as a product manager or lead product manager
- Have been accountable for successful management of a digital product
- Prior team management experience having operated as a team leader managing and supporting the work of more junior grades, role modelling what good looks like
- Ability to work with technical and business stakeholders to drive out visions, roadmaps and needs; ability to assess and assign priority
- Capability to set direction and methodology (while adhering to agreed standards)
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, and stakeholder engagement skills
- Able to provide expert advice to all stakeholders, both junior and senior.
What can we offer you?
- A generous pension scheme on average of up to 22%
- 25 days leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday
- Flexible working; whether it’s working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy to discuss options with you
- Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year for voluntary work you may wish to undertake
- We also currently have employee-run networks for colleagues of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees with which you will eligible to join
We are passionate about career development and in order to help support this, we offer a number of training and development platforms that employees will have access to. Working with your manager, you will be given the support and time required to complete agreed courses, as part of your personal development plan.
- Pluralsight - Over 7000 video training courses created by over 1400 subject-matter experts, covering a wide range of software development related skills.
- Microsoft Enterprise Skills Initiative - a range of Azure focused courses that can lead to Microsoft Certification.
- Civil Service Learning - a wide variety of online training to help support your role as a Civil Servant.
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity