Along with the other Senior, Lead and Principal Engineers, you'll hold responsibility for technology choices. You'll take part in planning with senior staff and make sure that product delivery and maintenance is on a firm basis.
You’d be part of the profession and enjoy the benefits of such, for instance a clearly defined developmental pathway along with community support and learning and development appertaining to your role.
Your key areas of impact
- building and leading an agile software engineering team delivering with high performance and high quality
- taking a hands-on role with engineering delivery where necessary, blending your leadership and technical skills to achieve team objectives
- growing and developing team members as well as Supporting Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and encouraging formal professional qualifications
- working with your peers to improve our tools, technologies, guidance and standards
- progressing the DDaT profession, understanding all roles and helping to build our engineering community
What you'll need for success
You’ll have a demonstrable passion for leading engineering teams with the following skills or proven experience in:
- defining RESTful APIs
- leading test-driven development with a focus on automation
- working within an Agile environment
- working through all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle with focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery
Some of the benefits our engineers love!
- 35 days leave including public holidays, rising further with service
- flexible working options to enable you to achieve the work life balance that right for you including part-time, flexi time and job sharing
- civil service pension with an average employer contribution of about 27%
- training and development opportunities
- interest free season ticket loan
- an in-year bonus scheme
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity