Want to work on complex, large scale services for millions of people across the world?
Want the opportunity to have a positive impact and work on stuff that really matters?
If you've ticked both those boxes then this is definitely an opportunity you should apply to!
About your role 🎯
You'll work closely across the team to engineer for reliability, maintainability, performance and security and play a key role in diagnosing service issues and devising and implementing permanent enhancements to infrastructure and tooling.
We have a number of DevOps toolchains. Primarily we run docker, Kubernetes and Terraform. We want you to administrate and support these toolchains and feed into the technical direction that these platforms should take.
Your day-to-day activities 🚀
About you 👀
You'll have experience:
• in development of code or scripts to provide automation and consistent deployment patterns in at least one major programming/scripting language
• with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform/Cloudformation, Vault and modern monitoring tooling systems
• engineering and maintaining DevOps toolchains to support secure and highly resilient services
• developing designs, code and testing of infrastructure as code and continuous improvement pipelines
• building and installing of new platform tooling solutions such as monitoring, secret management and service discovery solutions to industry best practices
• working in an agile software development environment, including iterative design, planning and improvement
🔥 What we can offer 🔥
To sweeten the offer, we’re one of the largest consumers of cloud services in the UK, and we make use of many vendors and technologies. We understand that continuous learning is extremely important to you as an engineer. To support you we will give you the materials and time to grow yourself. Additionally, you’ll have the support of a rapidly growing engineering community!
We work at scale, and we have the tech stack to support this, delivering services to millions of people across the United Kingdom. If you want to be part of this, whether already working at this level or looking to make your next career move, it’s time to share your CV and make a difference.
Want more detail?
Take a look at our recent blog post on DevOps within the Home Office. https://hodigital.blog.gov.uk/2020/09/15/what-are-we-doing-in-devops-at-the-home-office
Some of the benefits our engineers enjoy!