As an experienced Software Developer that wants to try leadership, or an experienced technical leader looking for a new challenge, you’ll be taking on a leadership role in a truly unique technical space that offers many challenges that we’re confident will provide an amazing experience to truly have an impact!
We offer training packages to ensure you get the best guidance and support to help you succeed!
You’ll play a part in recruiting your new team and leading the way it works, making decisions that affect your own and wider teams. You’ll enjoy engaging with others, collaborating, finding solutions to problems and take a ‘people first’ approach relishing the opportunity to develop others to reach their full potential through advising, guiding, mentoring and coaching to help grow their career.
🚀 You'll spend your time 🚀
- building and leading an agile software engineering team delivering with high performance and high quality
- taking a hands-on role with engineering delivery where necessary, blending your leadership and technical skills to achieve team objectives
- growing and developing team members as well as Supporting Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and encouraging formal professional qualifications
- working with your peers to improve our tools, technologies, guidance and standards
- progressing the Digital Data and Technology profession, understanding all roles and helping to build our engineering community
Our people are important to us, and we put them at the heart of what we do, we’re looking for someone who embraces that philosophy and recognises the importance of diversity, continuous improvement, listening and learning from others, building trust and mutual respect.
You should apply if
- you've worked as a software engineer at a senior level
- you're experienced working within an agile environment
- you take a “people first” approach and care deeply about nurturing a healthy team culture
- you're comfortable working through all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle with focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery
- you've experience building new services and establishing and developing common approaches , contributing to technical strategy, helping to deliver consistently and iterate quickly
Some of the benefits our engineers enjoy 💜
- one of the higher starting salaries across the Civil Service
- a Civil Service pension with employer contribution rates of between 26.6% and 30.3%, depending upon salary
- 25 days annual leave on appointment, plus 8 days public holidays and 1 day for the Queen’s Birthday, rising further with service
- flexible working options to enable you to achieve the work life balance that right for you including part-time, flexi time and job sharing
- training and development opportunities tailored to your role
- an in-year bonus scheme
- a culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
You will also have access to benefits such as:
- season ticket loans and rental deposit loans
- cycle to work and payroll giving
- employee discounts - including a huge number of retailers (via the Edenred platform), Microsoft Home Use programme and gym membership
- a variety of staff recognition schemes including thank you vouchers
- health and wellbeing initiatives including monthly mindfulness sessions
- staff support networks
- maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks of statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- maternity and adoption support leave (paternity leave) of 2 weeks full pay
- up to 5 days paid leave for volunteering
- study leave and support for studying for a qualification or other accredited development relevant to your role
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions about the role or team, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
We're very open about what we do in general, so our blog is a good place to learn more.