Make a difference and advance your career by helping deliver some of the UK’s most important #tech4good projects, making the world a smarter, safer, greener, and healthier place.
You’ll join a talented team of dynamic and driven professional problem solvers; creative thinkers and solutions builders who thrive on helping clients meet the most exciting digital transformation challenges.
At a certified Great Place to Work® you’ll experience a dynamic and nurturing environment that rewards initiative and flexibility and enjoy a career path tailored to your own aspirations.
Founded in 1992, we are a successful, growing International digital transformation consultancy. We deliver multi-Queen’s Award for innovation winning platforms and services that support large-scale digital transformation. Our digital, data and technology solutions are used by globally recognised public and private sector brands operating in a variety of sectors including Civil Defence, Healthcare, Sustainable Environment and Land Asset Management, and Digital Democracy.
- You will lead and be part of a diverse, multi-disciplinary team working closely with experienced Architects and Technical Delivery Managers.
- Work front-line with our clients and be instrumental in the design and delivery of all aspects of our software solutions.
- Champion and oversee the implementation of both CI/CD and engineering best practices in project deliverables.
- Help structure and provide technical assurance for the work of your team, advising on use of architecture and design patterns to assure software quality (and non-functional).
- Offer formal and informal advice and guidance in the development of strategies, frameworks and standards as required.
- 5+ years’ commercial development experience using industry leading frameworks and languages (e.g. Django/Python, Java, Node, .Net).
- Experience and willingness to be a ‘hands-on’ full-stack developer, leading technical teams by example and acting as a role model for software engineering best practice.
- Software engineering best practice (e.g. design patterns, microservice architectures, secure by design approaches, NCSC Cloud Security Principles etc.).
- Experience in delivering using DevOps, CI/CD, test automation etc.
- Experience of using cloud-native SaaS and PaaS (ideally in Azure).
- Experience in database design and implementation (SQL and NoSQL).
- Able to work under pressure and to short deadlines with a clear sense of priority within a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Excellent work planning capabilities and time management skills.
- Ability to balance conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- Punctuality, reliability, and a clear commitment to your role.
Our benefits package compliments our highly competitive salaries and our great working environment. We believe that our people should be properly rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of our business through a comprehensive and flexible range of benefits.
These can include:
- InformedACADEMY© – We offer excellent career development opportunities through our award-winning personal and professional development programmes, including support with professional certifications.
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan – we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individuals need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support and physical health support.
- Hybrid working*
- Private Health Care Cover*
- Generous life assurance cover*
- Gym Membership*
- Weekly office lunch
- Onsite massage sessions
- 25 paid working days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Sabbatical Leave Scheme*
- Enhanced Maternity Leave and Pay*
- Enhanced Paternity Leave and Pay*
- Company Pension Contribution
- Profit Share Scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Generous referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
*Qualifying period applies
We are proud to nurture a workplace culture that is diverse, inclusive, rewarding, and egalitarian.
We strive to live up to our values of Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity by thinking about things differently, always doing our best, and acting in good faith at all times.
We’re a team of passionate problem solvers. We take pride in helping our clients accelerate and de-risk digital business change so that we can collaborate and codesign world class digital services that solve complex business and safety critical problems, particularly where place, location or geography are important.
Our workplace culture reflects how we go about our work, the type of work that we choose to do, and our commitment and contribution to the sustainable social, environmental, and economic development aims of the communities that we are part of.