We’re looking for a project manager to join our team to lead on the delivery of an exciting and varied talent and skills project portfolio.
Your job will be to manage digital skills and careers related projects end to end, from promotion and recruitment of participants, to coordinating the programme content and design, collating materials and resources, working with experts in the industry, supporting learners through their journey, and evaluating project impacts.
As a Project Manager (Learning and Skills) you will:
* Be the key contact point for a portfolio of projects
* Undertake all aspects of project administration and delivery from report writing and risk management and to budget management and evaluation
* Ensure learners are supported on our digital skills programmes
* Work with employers and industry mentors to design and deliver course and programme content
* Coordinate work-based industry placements
* Recruit and manage a network of mentors and volunteers from our industry partners that will support our programmes
* Compile and publish digital content and resources
* Organise meetings and events
* Build relationships with and communicate with, educators, businesses and other stakeholders
* Ensure core professional and employability skills are embedded programmes
* Promote project benefits and success stories, including the use of social platforms
* Manage learner data and progress
* Contribute to outreach work, with opportunities to engage with young people and adults about careers in technology.
* Be aware of and comply with the safeguarding policy, code of conduct, regulations and policies of Manchester Digital and its commitment to equal opportunities.
* Ensure programmes are delivered in compliance with Data Protection and GDPR regulations.
* Ensure programmes are delivered in compliance with The Equality Act 2010 and associated regulations
* Previous experience in design and delivery of training is desirable but not essential
* Some experience in the tech industry is desirable but not essential
* Support wider organisational aims and priorities as required.
* Have an understanding of the principles of good project management
* A commitment to Manchester Digital’s mission and values
* Have an understanding/awareness of the digital and technology sector (or willingness to learn) and a genuine interest in the sector
* An innovative self-starter, excited by the prospect of being involved in a dynamic working environment, driving forward projects that will change people’s lives and help grow the technology sector in the region.
* Exceptionally well-organised have strong time management skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Proficient in GSuite/MS Office
* Excels under pressure, maintaining a calm demeanour even when priorities shift
* Have good personal resilience
* Ability to see the bigger picture and think multiple steps ahead
* Proactive problem-solving ability / solution-focused
* Adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion
* Able to manage multiple stakeholder relationships effectively
* Be focused on practical outcomes
* Have the ability to communicate effectively at different levels and with different audiences
* Have an aptitude for team and collaboration working
* Develop processes and effective and efficient working practices
* Take responsibility for your own learning and development
This role comes with public profile and responsibility. You will have a great deal of autonomy and you’ll be a key part of the decision making from the start.
Manchester Digital, the largest independent trade body for the digital and technology sector in the North West. Established for nearly 20 years, we have over 500 digital and technology businesses in our membership, including GCHQ, BBC, Auto Trader, On the Beach and Missguided, who are committed to working with us to deliver relevant and impactful digital skills training and careers insights programmes with schools, colleges and local people across Greater Manchester.
As well as being a cohesive voice for the region’s industry and ensuring that its views are represented at a local and national government level, the organisation also galvanises the power of its network and takes direct action to solve specific issues and barriers impacting the sector’s growth.
Manchester Digital is renowned for the employer-led approach it has taken to solving the current skills gap. Each year we run a 4-day skills festival that connects over 150 businesses and 2000 school, college and university students to bridge the gap between industry and education.
We also run a programme called Digital Futures programme that will create industry interventions at critical stages of education to help increase the number of young people entering the industry. The programme also has specific strands to support girls and hard to reach demographics to find a career in the industry.
Find out more about who we are and what we do: www.manchesterdigital.com and specifically the Talent and Skills work we do here: www.manchesterdigital.com/talent-and-skills
We are a culture that:
* Rewards results
* Recognises the hard work we put in
* Values knowledge sharing
* Values autonomy
* Believes in honesty and loyalty
* Operates with transparency and accountability
* Values resourcefulness and creativity
* Believes in making informed decisions
* Is personally invested in all that we do/the organisation
Send your CV and a short cover note telling us why you are excited about the the opportunity to take on this role, and how your previous experience and skill set will enable you to fulfil the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held in June / July.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and experience levels. There isn’t a formal qualification required for this role as experience and your ability to undertake the role, as well as the right attitude and work ethic is much more important.
POLITE NOTE: NO RECRUITERS AT THIS STAGE PLEASE, DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY.