We’re looking for a Skills Coach to join the Talent and Skills team to support the delivery and continual growth of our apprenticeship programme.
Your job will be to support learners through their apprenticeship journey, ensuring that learners are End Point Assessment ready, liaise with employers and support recruitment and onboarding of learners annually.
* Provide ongoing support to apprentices throughout their apprenticeship
* Conduct review meetings and target setting sessions on a 6 weekly cycle
* Keep learner progress records and individual learning plans up to date
* Be the key contact for apprentices and employers
* Undertake all aspects of progress reporting to our Training Provider and employers
* Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholder employers
* Provide safeguarding support liaising with training provider
* Liaise with the Training Provider with regards to Additional Learner Needs and Special Educational Needs
* Organise delivery of functional skills where required
* Assess portfolio content from apprentices ensuring quality and mapped back to the apprenticeship standard
* Implement early intervention strategies for underperforming learners
* Review final portfolio pieces and ensure all EPA paperwork is correct
* Ensure learners are EPA ready
* Support with delivery of technical content and facilitate non technical boot camp sessions
* Support and deliver elements of the apprentice recruitment process
* Liaise with Training Provider to support learner eligibility
* Deliver assessment days from planning to delivery
* Ensure equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded into all aspects of the programme
* Manage a case loads of upto 40 learners.
* Have an understanding of the principles of software development
* An understanding of digital apprenticeships
* A commitment to Manchester Digital’s mission and values
* Have an understanding/awareness of the digital and technology sector (or willingness to learn) and a genuine interest in the sector
* An innovative self-starter, excited by the prospect of being involved in a dynamic working environment
* Exceptionally well-organised have strong time management skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Proficient in GSuite/MS Office
* A basic understanding of Git/GitHub
* Able to manage multiple stakeholder relationships effectively
* Is adaptable and has good personal resilience
This role comes with a public profile and responsibility. You will have a great deal of autonomy and you’ll be a key part of the decision making from the start.
Manchester Digital, the largest independent trade body for the digital and technology sector in the North West. Established for nearly 20 years, we have over 500 digital and technology businesses in our membership, including GCHQ, BBC, Auto Trader, On the Beach and Missguided, who are committed to working with us to deliver relevant and impactful digital skills training and careers insights programmes with schools, colleges and local people across Greater Manchester.
As well as being a cohesive voice for the region’s industry and ensuring that its views are represented at a local and national government level, the organisation also galvanises the power of its network and takes direct action to solve specific issues and barriers impacting the sector’s growth.
Manchester Digital is renowned for the employer-led approach it has taken to solving the current skills gap. Each year we run a 4-day skills festival that connects over 150 businesses and 2000 school, college and university students to bridge the gap between industry and education.
We also run a programme called Digital Futures programme that will create industry interventions at critical stages of education to help increase the number of young people entering the industry. The programme also has specific strands to support girls and hard to reach demographics to find a career in the industry.
Find out more about who we are and what we do: www.manchesterdigital.com and specifically the MD Talent Academy here:
We are a culture that:
* Rewards results
* Recognises the hard work we put in
* Values knowledge sharing
* Values autonomy
* Believes in honesty and loyalty
* Operates with transparency and accountability
* Values resourcefulness and creativity
* Believes in making informed decisions
* Is personally invested in all that we do/the organisation
Send your CV and a short cover note telling us why you are excited about the opportunity to take on this role, and how your previous experience and skill set will enable you to fulfil the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held in July.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and experience levels. There isn’t a formal qualification required for this role as experience and your ability to undertake the role, as well as the right attitude and work ethic is much more important.
POLITE NOTE: NO RECRUITERS AT THIS STAGE PLEASE, DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY.