An extremely exciting opportunity for a Site Support Technician has arisen within Thales Secure Communication Systems area of the business (SIX). As a Site Support Technician, you will be working within the Energy portfolio team supporting the computer based data processing and control systems, with a focus on the North West based power generation facilities. The role will require close working with specialist’s sub-contractors to ensure compliance with Thales’s business management system for quality assurance.
The role will require close working with the customer at the technical level and will be varied, ranging from maintenance type activities, fault finding to module level and to component level and will entail working offsite at customer locations.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Ability to carry out off site working at various power generation facilities
- Report through concise and coherent status updates.
- Provide support and coverage for the other engineering team members
- Assist with the maintenance and on-going development of the test infrastructure, platform(s) and environment.
- Develop and enhance existing test methods and procedures, improve processes and standards to assure highest quality standards are achieved.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and support other team members, typically off site.
- Ensure the tasks are delivered on time and to budget
- Ensure an attitude of sharing knowledge to reduce reliance on single point of contact
- To be cognisant of the software and system engineering functions.
- To adhere to the processes and techniques as set out by Thales.
- Understand and support the customer’s safety culture
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Competence in Windows, to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio.
- Competence in fault finding and maintenance tasks to component level – with a focus on electrical and computer based systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the correct application of ESD protection for electronic systems.
- The ability to prioritise, manage own workload, be flexible, work under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
- Recognised skills based qualification Minimum City and Guilds NVQ (BTEC NC / ND) Level 3.
- Full driving licence holder
- Industry recognised certification IPC-A-610, IPC 7711, IPC 772
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation and to join a talented team click the apply button now.