Digital Product Manager – Mobile App
£58,000 - £68,000 plus benefits (Grade D18)
Manchester city centre / remote
We’re currently working remotely due to Covid. The future will see us working in a hybrid way, with a mixture of home and office working.
We’re looking for a product manager to join our digital product and design team at Co-op to oversee the product lifecycle of our Co-op app. Our app is at the heart of Co-op’s Membership proposition, giving members a convenient way to access personalised offers, recipes, deals and support their local communities.
With over 1.3m downloads, a 4.7 star rating in the app stores and half a million users selecting offers through the app in the last quarter of 2020, we’ve got a strong foundation on which to grow and meet our big ambitions for the app in the future.
As our digital product manager, you’ll sit at the intersection between business, technology and user experience, guiding software developers and designers to work collaboratively making sure the Co-app continually provides value for our business, our customers and the communities we support. If you can bring us the technical skills we need, you’ll have the chance to build a career within a business that is putting its people, technology, and data at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• spot opportunities for both innovation and efficiency, and distil these insights into concrete strategically focussed missions
• define the ways your product gets held to account, making sure those metrics get tracked
• get people excited about what you’re going to make, so they can be your champions and early adopters
• articulate your product vision to a growing team, and break up its delivery into meaningful, achievable goals
• translate user needs into compelling stories which designers can use to draw user flows and interactions, and developers can use to build the product
• plan the pipeline with other product leads and make sure wherever possible, tech and design patterns are reused
• lead, organise, inspire and un-block designers and developers with sharp analysis and well-articulated decisions
• interpret how our members use our live products, and translate that data into new opportunities for features that solve real problems
This role would suit people who have
• proven experience working in a digital product management role
• solid technical knowledge, either from previous engineering experience or if you’ve worked in a technical product manager role before
• experience working with mobile apps with a solid understanding of the differences between mobile and web
• worked in agile, multi-disciplinary teams
• managed a product roadmap from start to finish
• worked with users to gain feedback and implement changes
• excellent communication and relationship building skills, able to challenge and influence partners across the business to get alignment behind the most valuable things to build
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.