Head of Conversion – UK Remote Working - £75,000 – Ecommerce
My client are a privately owned business who have been trading for 18 years (the website for 12). The market they operate in is vast (and only getting bigger), they’re cash-rich and financially secure, and provide the vehicle to achieve real career success. This role would suit someone who has clear career goals, who understands the huge opportunity to carve out your place at a table which is going to be an industry leading business in their sector. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
As a business they have retained a growth trajectory throughout the pandemic, and issues with supply chain, shipping containers, price of materials etc. has actually positively affected their business and increased sales as competitors failed to keep up with demand.
The business has invested heavily in a new website and digital team infrastructure to help its digital goals, and is now looking to appoint a talented Conversion Rate Optimisation Manager, to take ownership of the online conversion strategy, and help turn the business into a £100M e-commerce powerhouse.
They currently have support from an agency on marketing and digital, but will look to bring this in house once the teams are up and running, meaning you aren’t going to be thrown in at the deep end without any help.
Why is this an exciting opportunity?
- Greenfield project, with the chance to be there from the start of this next phase for the business, meaning you have the chance to really make your mark and reap the accelerated career development and progression that goes with that.
- They are a cash-rich business who are committed to re-investment in order to facilitate their ambitious growth plans, meaning they want to have the best people on board, the most cutting-edge tech, whatever it takes to improve their business – rather than being short-sightedly consumed by profit
- As they’re looking to bring in specialists, you will have a lot of autonomy to do what you were brought in to do, rather than being micromanaged by someone who doesn’t know your discipline whilst still having the wider resources and support of the business at your fingertips .
They’re looking for an optimisation specialist with demonstrable experience (5 yrs +) of defining Conversion Rate Optimisation strategies with a focus on maximising sales and profitability. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day website customer experience, ensuring that all digital touch points meet customer expectations, and make the customer journey as easy to navigate as possible.
- You’ll take ownership of CRO processes, tools and tech for the business
- Manage day-to-day hypothesis / optimisation testing of conversion funnels
- Measure funnel performance & identify new user flow opportunities
- Evaluate data to identify customer pain points & conversion improvement opportunities
- Define hypotheses for tests & prioritise tests based on commercial priority & effort
- Work with e-Commerce and marketing colleagues to optimize journeys
- Manage A/B & multivariate testing software (Optimizely / Google Optimize 360) to set up, launch & manage conversion tests
- Keep abreast of CRO methodology, emerging trends & what's coming next
- A proven background in conversion rate optimisation, with a demonstrable record of success
- Proficient working knowledge of digital / performance marketing channels
- Proven A/B, split & multivariate testing experience
- Solid technical ability: VWO, Google Optimize 360, Optimizely, or similar
- Advanced user of Google Analytics, with the ability to interrogate, evaluate & present data
- Track record executing & growing business units & exceeding targets
- Appreciate business value and prioritisation
- Excellent written & verbal communication, along with excellent social skills
- Distinctive problem solving & methodical mindset, with experience evaluating qualitative & quantitative data to guide strategy
- Proven cross-functional project management & reporting skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
Don’t miss out on this opportunity! Apply online today!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.