You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
As a privately held company run by engineers, we prioritise your continuous development and education. With life-long learning a priority, we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company.
Our promise to employees and clients emphasises quality, innovation and sustainability. Our ethical guidelines and our passion for impactful solutions influence client projects and industries we work with and underpin our focus on diversity and environmental sustainability.
Your job will include:
- As a Senior Software Engineer you help our clients understand what they really need, and build high quality systems tailored to their needs.
- You work on varied projects across different industries and create impactful solutions with a best-in-class user experience.
- You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You'll be a part of our software engineering community and engage in a proactive knowledge exchange and up-skilling initiatives to keep yourself technically sharp and develop your career.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with good knowledge and practical experience of the Java ecosystem
- You have experience with modern SPA frameworks - React and/or Angular - and with microservice architectures.
- You are open to explore and learn about new/other technologies and ecosystems.
- Ideally you have already worked successfully in client facing environments.
- Experience in Python is an additional nice to have.
- Expertise in cloud computing, preferably AWS and GCP, is beneficial.
Our technical choices are mainly driven by our clients' needs. We aim to make balanced engineering decisions based on the most effective tooling and their environments. Our delivery environment…
- We also have current projects using Node, Go and Python.
- Mobile ecosystems such as iOS/Swift and Android/Kotlin.
- Uses Agile approaches, especially Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Relies on strong Continuous Integration skills and automated delivery pipelines.
- Keeps current with recent technical, fit-for-purpose trends.
Our work is mainly at or within an hour's travel from our Manchester or Shoreditch office.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
Being welcome & respected for who you are.
Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.
In the current circumstances we work predominantly remotely and with flexible working hours and we expect that this will continue to be the case in the future. This may occasionally change due to project specific needs.