As part of the government’s Skills for Growth investment in the region, we are now offering FULLY FUNDED courses to support growth and productivity for businesses.
The course is open to non technical staff looking to upskill/widen their knowledge within Cyber Security and Information Governance to support the business with digital transformation and progression in their current role.
What is Cyber Secure Training?
By attending this course, you will gain essential cyber security and awareness and information governance training from industry experts to support your business with/in digital transformation. You will gain practical skills to enhance your job role and knowledge within and across the business.
This is a two-day course. With both virtual and in person delivery to choose from. The aim of the course is to equip non technical staff with the knowledge, tools and processes to help prepare your business for high growth and continued digital transformation, by strengthening your core and operational knowledge, in Cybersecurity and Information Governance.
What are the benefits to you?
- Reduce cyber security and data protection risks within your organisation
- Understand the cyber security and data protection threats and risks in your organisation and how to mitigate them
- Improve your risk identification and assessment skills
- Understand how to implement an Information Security Management System aligned to ISO27001
- Understand the key components of a security awareness programme and how to implement in your organisation
- Learn how to respond to an incident to protect services and data
Over the course of the full two day sessions, we will look at:
- Implementing an Information Security Management System in your organisation aligned to ISO27001
- Cyber Essentials controls
- Risk Management and Identifying issues to enable Cyber Procedures within a business
- Social Media use & Password protection
- Top Cyber Threats and how to mitigate them
- The importance of updates & backups
- Safe use of Wi-Fi and VPNs
Open for private company cohorts for a minimum of 12 employees per cohort - complete the book now form to get in contact with us to discuss further.
*course dates/delivery are subject to change. In-person may change to virtual events dependent on Government Covid-19 requirements
Are you eligible?
- Company must have a trading address in Greater Manchester
- A UK resident/have the right to work in the UK
This course is is delivered by Manchester Digital Academy and partners, funded by the GMCA and EFS.
Individuals must meet the eligibility criteria to be accepted onto the course. Multiple individuals from the same eligible employer/organisation can attend a course. Each individual can only attend one course from the offer.
Please submit your details via the form below.
If you are unsure of your eligibility or have any queries, please contact email@example.com
By booking a ticket to this event, you agree to our event cancellation policy: https://www.manchesterdigital.com/event-cancellation-policy.
All Manchester Digital events are designed to be inclusive and we adhere to a strict code of conduct which you can view here.
Data Usage Event Policy
By securing a ticket for this event you are consenting to receive information from Manchester Digital regarding the logistics of this event and a follow-up email post-event, we may also need to share any dietary or access requirements you have provided with a 3rd party such as the event caterer or venue. After we have sent your follow up event email we will only hold your data for 1-month during this time we will not share your information or contact you. Keeping your data for a month will only be to explicitly recap on the success of our campaign. After the one month period, the information you have provided will be deleted. If you wish to be contacted regarding other events and services that Manchester Digital produce then you will need to specifically opt into our mailing list here.
In partnership with: