One of Manchester Digital’s five areas of focus is digital infrastructure - it is the backbone of the digital economy and there are a significant number of ISPs and hosting companies in Greater Manchester who are delivering innovative products and services. We believe that by bringing these businesses together, we can explore shared interests and opportunities for collaborative working such as consortium bidding and shared network construction.
The group will set its own remit at the first meeting but potential areas for discussion/activities could include:
- Promotion of MD policy in response to publicly funded infrastructure projects, specifically supply and value chain opportunities for members.
- To promote material collaboration between MD members and occasionally with other bodies such as IX Manchester.
- To further evolve and enhance policy, for example in the area of 5G.
- Input and lobby on infrastructure issues both locally and nationally.
Benefits of participation
- Access to shared data
- Networking with other like-minded businesses and professionals
- Opportunity to improve the environment and business opportunities for GM based infrastructure businesses
- Input into Manchester Digital policy
- Must have good understanding and experience of digital infrastructure sector.
- Be prepared to be an active participant and contributor
- Attend three meetings per year
- Take ownership of actions
- Share best practice
- Get feedback on priorities
- Recruit people to support the priority work streams and action
Interested in joining the Infrastructure constituency and shaping the digital industry in our region? Get in touch.