This is an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Engineer to join on our award winning Investcentre platform. The Full Stack Engineer will be joining a team which has a philosophy of continuous improvement, and a strong focus on engineering excellence.
- Agile methodologies and a passion for continuous improvement and building a high-performance engineering team
- Guide and mentor the team to design and deliver high quality products
- Consider architectural and non-functional requirements and work with the team to deliver
- At AJ Bell we pair, and you, in most cases will pair with other people
Competence, Knowledge and Skills
- 3-4 years of commercial experience developing services and APIs with C#, .NET core, Mongo and/or SQL with techniques such as domain-driven design and MVC.
- 3-4 years of technical background in web development with Angular/React/VueJs.
- Experience in developing HTTP-based APIs and implementation of RESTful services with JSON.
- Basic understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience/Familiarity Test Driven Development and is comfortable with various test frameworks and concepts.
- Experience/Familiarity with Entity framework core.
- Familiarisation with containerisation and tools like Docker.
- Familiarisation of developing, deploying, and maintaining Cloud-Based solutions on AWS
- Understand principles behind highly performing web page
- Agile / SCRUM / SAFe
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Very motivated with high levels of drive and enthusiasm
- E-commerce and/or financial services experience
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 368,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £70.4 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
Our EQ4 office design is centered on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
What we offer:
- Regular remote working
- Bonus Scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Company pension
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with service and holiday buy and sell
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more